Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

I give people a blunt look when they claim to be "Die Hard" Hip-Hop/ Rap fans and then say they like 'Lil Wayne' or have never heard of NWA..

Edited by Jono.C

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

I give people a blunt look when they claim to be "Die Hard" Hip-Hop/ Rap fans and then say they like 'Lil Wayne' or have never heard of NWA..

 

I give people a blunt look when they listen to hip hop/rap etc full stop.

ESPECIALLY Aussie hip hop.

Just a personal thing....Don't want to get into an argument because I could go on for hours and make a fool of myself.

Bro , Wu-Tang - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

 

If you are serious about music in any way shape or form and you can't enjoy that album... and can't respect it because of its genre...

 

It still blows me away every time I hear it.

spending $950 on genuine parts for subaru 200,000km service.

 

get the guy to double check all the parts....twice.

 

i plan to have this weekend free to do it.

 

i spent 2hrs pulling car to a million bits last night.

 

go to put timing belt tensioner on, wrong part.

 

which is weird as the "timing belt kit" was a sealed part in itself with all the bits inside it (belt, tensioners etc). The the timing belt kit is right, but the parts inside the kit are wrong.

 

Parts centre not open till tuesday

 

Great.

Oh I'm deadly serious about music. Been playing it on and off since I can remember. Haven't heard the album but I'll check it out.

My not recognising it as "music" isn't because I didn't like the first hip hop song I heard either, it's been well founded. I've listened to alot of it. I'm not about to go hating on some form of music without listening to it fairly extensively, it's just that near every song I've heard has been utter trash. Well for a genre that is heavily dependant on vocals, most of it isn't lyrically sound anyway. Sure, they can string together a sentence but they're speaking because they have to say something, not because they have something to say. In most cases..

Listening to a musician play their instrument and play it well, from the heart is truly something else entirely. No matter how hard you try and convince me that someone speaking about cash, money, bitches and hennessey is someone expressing themselves, it just won't work. When someone plays a wind instrument in a Jazz band, or Tosin Abasi plays a guitar solo, or Dave Weckl makes a groove on his drums, you are truly HEARING their personality, the sound of THEM. And they can do it live, right in front of you. A rapper on stage isn't them giving a live performance. The only thing that's "live" about it is the fact that he/she is up there in person. The rest is just the exact same "noise" reproduced onto a louder sound system than you have in your car. The point of a gig or a show is to hear where the song that you listened to on their CD actually came from, what it sounded like when they carved it out and putting a face to the name of who sat there for days, weeks, months or even years to create.

It's a lot harder to write a song than people think and the people who do still legitimately write songs get far less credit than they deserve for doing it. And before you say I'm not giving your rappers enough credit, they don't need it. They've got it all already. Good musicians are a dying breed and it just sucks. It sucks major dick.

Alot of it's due to marketing and the fact that people are either stupid, don't listen to music often enough to care, or just don't really care in general.

I've been catered for aswell, I've been marketed, but on the same token, I know good music when I hear it. I also listen to alot of raw music. I listen to alot of heavily produced music too but behind it all is a good musician.

In no way, shape or form is "my" music better than anyone else's because it's a matter of personal preference, mine just happens to be looking at people bluntly for listening to modern, mainstream and alot of other kinds of hip hop/rap etc. It just doesn't do it for me and I will never understand what compels others to continue listening to it.

 

I'm gonna go ahead and take a step back now.

 

 

Unforgivable! What kind of muppets pass for a "barista" these days?

 

Pretty much any jive turkey wearing a v neck tshirt, canvas shoes, black rimmed glasses and a piss poor attempt for a beard.

 

Phenylalanine is baaaad m'kay

 

Yep. Look up diet coke and fibromyalgia

 

....Sure, they can string together a sentence but they're speaking because they have to say something, not because they have something to say. In most cases....

 

You're listening to the wrong stuff.

 

And as for "live" I saw Snoop play at a festival a few years back. I was never a big fan, but when I saw his 3 djs working like mad men on stage, sweat pouring off them I was pretty impressed.

 

And for anyone who wants to trolley out the the old djs just play other people's music how hard can it be, put your money where your mouth is and go see mix master mike live.

Edited by philbey

Snoop's a tool.

 

WGMG; I've deadset ʞ©$ɟing had it with alcohol and drunken ʞ©$ɟing idiots

WGMG: Being threatened with being Arrested, for walking to my car.

 

ʞ©$ɟ Cops! I've always been nice and respectful when dealing with them. But had enough of the ʇ~~ɔ holes that are out to fill their quotas

WGMG: Being threatened with being Arrested, for walking to my car.

 

ʞ©$ɟ Cops! I've always been nice and respectful when dealing with them. But had enough of the ʇ~~ɔ holes that are out to fill their quotas

 

Sounds shit as.

I'd had 3 drinks in the 3hrs leading up to that point.

 

Walking casually, quietly, minding my own business.

Oh shit, what happened ?

Both amber and i are hoping everythings ok

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.