What Grinds My Gears.

Illiteracy.

How come people can get through life without basic knowledge of correct grammar and punctuation, let alone pronunciation.

I ponder these questions whilst roaming the vast landscape of Rollaclub.

Although I am classed as 'Gen Y', I do not follow the trend of misspelling words and using slang in all facets of written language.

A few Rollaclub users would do with reading this rant and correcting their written language to an acceptable level.

Reading a well structured piece of text is much nicer than attempting to decipher the dribble that pours from the fingertips of many.

Bah.

Members dont see this ad

What grinds my gears...

Cops only come into our neighbourhood when THEY feel like it. It's the biggest pain in the proverbial. There are blues and people fighting, our car got stolen, someone attempted to steal our bike, etc.

Call up the police and the usual "We'll send someone out" or "This is going on all over Orange, we're too busy" spiel comes out and we wonder why the darn we even bother calling them.

Media and censorship also pisses me off. We recently lived in Dubbo and Wollongong and only moved to Orange less than 12 months ago. Dubbo gets a very bad rap in the media and the bad news gets blasted around national media. Orange is at least twice as bad as Dubbo ever was or is now and we never used to hear anything, nothing, zilch.

If we had of known how bad Orange was, we would never have moved here, probably how the council wants it to work: draw in people from other places who think their town is bad. Then you're committed to stay here for at least 6 months.

Council's a group of scumbags (we all knew that anyway, but these are worse, used car salesman and real estate agents earn mayorship around these parts), Police can't be arsed, and all the bad people who make trouble for everyone else keep reproducing.

Right now we currently live on a good street, we have two streets parallel to us that are really bad and then there's a new estate. We can only hope that more good people keep moving in around us, pushing the bad ones out, or that the little brats and tossers keep killing each other off!

Oh yeah, another thing that irks me! People ripping on the black African immigrants where we live! Or just racism in general. They have just as much right to be here than anyone else and if they're more proactive and not so choosy about getting a job, then good on them. More than I can say for a lot of white "Australians" that I know, who expect everything to come to them for nothing, for a job to just fall in their lap.

I had a person I know bitching about them the other day, they said "You know they hate us."

"Hate who?" she replied by saying us whites.

I'm like, "Well you can't half tell why"

We treat them like shit. Why?

They're the same basic make up as us, they're just a different colour, and the only reason why people hate them is because they don't understand them and they're afraid.

Why can't everyone just accept each other's differences and live in peace?

Because they make us lazy arse whiteys look bad by working harder, not taking anything for granted, being respectful and generally appreciating the chance they've been given by immigrating here.

I've been to a lot of the African countries these people come from, and believe me, we have it bloody good here.

The best thing you can do with these xenophobes is educate them... its only ignorance through lack of knowledge and understanding.

Oh and I'll tell you (well, Australia) something else too... as an employer, and a pasty white 4th generation Australian.

If I have 2 candidates applying for an unskilled position I am offering, one Aussie, one African, I know straight up who's getting the job... and its not good old beer drinkin bbq lightin fishin on sundies Bruce from Northgate.

I guess that makes me racist.

but they smell :P

and if we didnt let them in, there would be twice as many jobs for all the lazy australian pricks, coz you would need 2 lazy aussies for every one hardworking import.

but there are some jobs that asians shouldnt be allowed to do...

GRRR Q1 is booked out for the weekend that my birthday falls on. Sometimes it isn't good having a public holiday right after your birthday!! :P

Looks like we'll have to stay at some other hotel ;) I was really looking forward to being in the Worlds Tallest Residential Tower :(

**Only other option would have beena sub penthouse unit and I'm not that rich.**

Edited by JiP

so whats the point of staying there if your not staying at the top?

circle on cavill is very nice by all reports, looks spiffy

trav, whats the sook for?

doesnt sheet metal go in trailers? hence its part of your apprenticeship?

or were u putting rocks in trailers coz theres no work to do? and finding funnel webs?

i nearly sat on one the other night workin on my ute :P haha

and when was it 40*?

toughen up cobba, try doin it everyday in the sun ;)

yea had to pick up rocks and put em in trailers as there was no work so i was a landscaper for a day in 40 degree heat...

instead of in behind a fan cruisin around weldin and grindin and doin custom work....

was around 40 degree heat at midday, well at leasst in my long sleeves and long pants as i thought i would be inside all day..

Edited by trav_555

thats in the shade, my ute has read well over 40 in the height of summer at the end of the day, and thats a probe in the exhaust, so phuck noes how hot it is in direct sunlight.

you refreshed your moon tan in your long sleeves and pants?

face tan ahahaha

ive been getting body tan at campin surfin everyday

today was good though, i WAY prefer heating up steel reo bars with an oxy till red hot at midday than being a landscaper, must be what peoples preferences are personally i love that kinda stuff thna bein in the sun all day, wears me out too quick

People who want 'Snow white and the seven dwarves' changed to 'Snow white and the seven vertically challenged people'.

What is going on in the world with political correctness! It isnt the correct thing to do!

What has the world come to when people can get sued for saying 'Ho Ho Ho' and a woman can sue a coffee shop because her coffee was hot!