What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WPMO - Pro/E. Well, not really (I think it's an awesome program), but at the moment I'm working on a roughly 350mb assembly that takes forever to update/refresh. Everytime I click the mouse, hide a component or whatever it takes upwards of a minute for the program to respond. Normally I don't have this problem (the computer has ample resources - Intel 6300 Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz, 3.25GB of RAM, 256MB Quadro FX3500), but this model is extremely fiddly (it's a GA of the rear end of the machine) and takes a lot of power to process

So I'm spending not much time doing actual work and a lot of time sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to update

Sadly in my family we copped the belt, the shoe, a stick. I was the youngest and my two older sisters would gang up on me. I had no chance. Plus they were daddy's favorites. My dad mellowed a lot with us 3 younger kids, my two older siblings would be forced to kneel on gravel and pray (in the 70's). Sadly if one got in trouble they both got in trouble. Could explain the bond they both have. Tho I think my brother has mental issues over it.

So I guess there is a line of how far to go. As kids we were never allowed to step out of line. Dam if we would visit someones house, we had to sit in the same spot and play, no moving. I swear my dad though he was back in the home land and still in the Army. In a way his father was real strict with him too apparently, so it carries on I guess.

If I ever have kids (which I hope to) I hope I'm not that bad. I'm pretty good around my niece and nephew but when I have to look after them, and have to punish them, I try to send them to their room. If I have to smack them its only with an open hand. Its hard to punish them tho when they just have toys in every room, the just go and play. And so many god dam toys. I never had that many when I was a kid. (tho after 4 kids before me what was left)

Dam I want kids :P

time out is bullshit, never works, its like a quick fix for parents who buy there children things to shut them up

smack em all the way, I'm fully for it even though i was hit with the wooden spoon, its just all these damn old people making this law who havent had a child in like 40+ years, get the behind the imtes idiots out of high positions!!!!

ergh, hit your kid, hurts for a few mins then they don't do it again or maybe once more and if you hit em again then they wont do it again, time out there like pfft time out fine il winge in the corner till you tell me to come join the family cause you can't stand my wingeing!!

Sometimes I wonder if anyone is paying attention to what my niece and nephew are eating. They get so hyped up on sugar they become uncontrollable. Its only when I say something when they ask for more lollies does their mother (my sister) say no. Oh and first thing when they get to my place in the morning, 7am, and they right away want chocolate, so their grandfather gives it. I try to say something and my sisters like, "They had breakfast". Well if that isn't parenting...

Oh and yesterday, I was at White Water World with both of my nieces. Me and my other sister walked out of the surf shop and the girls walked up to us with lolly pops asking us to open them. We were like WTF!! They ripped them off. If you wont give it they will steal at an early age.

**NEWS JUST IN**

Sebastian just bit Emily on her finger. Grandma doesn't wanna be bothered while she watched Judge Judy, so I sent him into the toyless room. Question is what was her finger doing in his mouth??

post-1158-1231399123_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1231399268_thumb.jpg

i think that if your going to discipline a child, you should have something that you do it with, eg. wooden spoon.

Your hands show love so don't send mixed messages by smackin them across the bum with your bare hand and then giving them a hug with the same hands that beat them. it doesn't make sense and confuses the child.

Edited by Jason KE30

As a kid I was smacked and grounded...Every time I got to be able to actually do something again I would get grounded. Learn really quickly that way with no tv, no music, no entertainment of any kind. Wasn't allowed outside just had to stay in my room and be quiet.

Mind you I have also been treated like an adult since i was about 12-13 so I can't have been that bad.

If their parents won't discipline them then you in most cases have no hope at all.. Strangely enough though as a kid my best friend who didnt have a dad, mum was a druggie and lived with his aunt. He would be a menace to all adults except for 2, ie my parents. My mum he would be polite to and have jokes with etc. My dad he actually seemed to respond positively too and considering my dad that was a miracle. (My dad is all better now).

Something I touched on before that annoys me is Wet'n'Wild and White Water World food facilities. They ban you from going out to get food at the maccas/KFC across the road, they charge $15+ for a large meal and completely FAIL on service. They are slow, don't care, and don't have no competition or DRIVE. All up you could sum it up by saying they are worse than KFC. (Now thats bad)