Trev's Ae71 Panelvan N/a Bigport

Trev

Got rid of the missfire, The 2nd webber (number 3&4) was staying open a little bit so i hooked the linkages up and it runs alot better now and i took the accelerator cable out of the turbo sedan as it was too short anyway but it fits the van great, I just have to make up a cable bracket as i lost the one i had.

post-1373-1212207384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Nice work Trev....Panelvans are gunna take over soon...Mwahahaha

P.S. Do you want to buy a cheap Bigport by any chance????

Yeah I'm still after one, I am interested in yours but its gonna cost me more to buy that and then a ecu and wiring harness than what it is to get a complete car which i do have lined up at the moment when will be the engine transplant for my ae82 sedan.

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted the new soft mounts to the carbies and hooked the ecu up so i could start it up and f@$k me this thing is very responsive, I beleive that it revs about 3 times quicker than the injected ones and it seems like its going to have alot of power, I was under the impression that the race prepped 45's would be crap on the stock engine but i sure fooled that idea.

I did this accompanied by Slim (4ages), Jon (Jip_01) & Nick (Winke55) so I'm sure they will give you an idea of what it was like.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to putting the T50 yoke onto the 1 piece tailshaft that was behind the K50 and installed it today:

post-1373-1221295782_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1221295813_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1221295825_thumb.jpg

I also grabbed a speedo drive 45 degree adapter out of the bosses ADM AE86 half cut so i could run my speedo cable nicely:

post-1373-1221295912_thumb.jpg

I am hoping to take it up to work in the next 2 weeks so i can put it on the hoist and finish the fuel system and front wiring as I'm going to try to get it up to strathpine on october 5 :)