Fusion Ke30

fusion

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 3 days of bug bombing and spraying, alot of redbacks have died :lol: Always a good feeling.

Speaking of things dead . . . my battery died. And as I took off the clams for the battery to check its voltage (hovering round the 4v mark) the alarm also decided to go off (forgot about that one :hmm: ). Therefore the useless alarm (nicknamed "howler") is also dead now ;) And ripped out 8|

Also the struts go into the workshop tomorrow for a rebuild and touch up. They look to be in good condition as is, but I've also got poly bushes and Lovell springs to change over. And you might aswell recondition the struts while there out ey? :(

Also found a parts car with a colour very close to mine so thats coming next weekend to. Hopefully that will give me some benefits.

And with the increase of work hours (go people having holidays . . . and bummer to 7 days a week working) I shall have my tyres, rims and wheel balancing done

So if all goes to plan (haha) all brakes, suspension, shock asorbers, sway bars, rims, tyres and some interior parts shall be upgraded.

Cheers Fusion

Edited by fusion

• 2 months later...
doesn't look like a 3t or anything

can't wait to see it in there, should go well.

Hehehe well thats what I want the cops to think :wink:

A 3TC with a T50 and some kind of extreme clutch plate to our amazement.

Exhaust manifold and carby manifold where ditched as I'm heading for extractors and twin Weber's. Also ditched . . . emissions control crap

Anyone got a good idea for a radiator upgrade from a KE30 brand new stocker?

Edited by fusion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to "MadMax" engine was sold in a smooth transaction.

Also picked up twin 38mm Webers that were rebuilt roughly 6 months ago with ram tubes and red socks for around $300. Manifold should be found this week also.

Crossmember came aswell from TaxRX . . . and I must say awesome customer service, couldn't of been better ;) Bead blasted it myself today to the bare metal and got the mechanic to fix up all the welds with a bit of seeming (nothing to much). Goes off for painting tomorrow hopefully :)

Extractors I will get the mechanic to order tomorrow also so than the main thing left is the custom tailshaft.

So hopefully I can start cleaning up the engine on wednesday / thursday and than start slowly building it all up with bead blasting and painting of certain parts.

Won't be the best engine around, but with the work me and Fisher have put into it . . . lets just say I have learnt a bucket load |blink|

• 2 weeks later...

Decided while I'm at it, might aswell clean up the engine.

Firstly a brand new waterpump. Japan Toyota wanted $350 . . . so gratefully the mechanic found one in Perth for just $110 :P

Mechanic didn't like the idea of changing points . . . so he bought me a electronic distributor :yes:

And I will also be getting the engine a bit of a steam clean and degresser with a full engine flush within the next week.

Finally the Webers have been fitted to a manifold that was found for $80 and the linkage kit has started its process.

Got to love havng a bead blaster handy !!

Edited by fusion

Will soon, the KE30 is actually a little dirty atm from sitting at the workshop. Should get the doorcards in and carpet soon with all the stereo, but that will have to wait until the engine is done.

And cheers for the comment :yes: Like your saying, I just couldn't stand the 3K power for to much longer without a little more oomph, so to speak. So when this motor came up and TazRX's crossmember at the sametime . . . I just couldn't resist :P

Might take a picture of the engine tonight with the new stuff applied if i can