Carbon Fiber Stuff

marksKE25

Hey all i was just wondering, with the fact that most of our beloved cars are becoming quite old and because of this it is becoming increasing harder, to find good parts namely panels bonnets and stuff. So what i was thinking was, is there someone out there who can make molds of the panels ( at a tidy profit I'm sure) possible out of carbon fiber or fiberglass or heaven forbid aluminum........

just a thought.

Members dont see this ad
  • 6 months later...

As a person who works with the stuff on a daily basis, I can tell you that anything that is one off or custom is always going to be incredibly expensive compared to even a small production run of items. Manufacturers claim that they can get you around the ADR's (depending on the state you live in) but at the end of the day, in any state in australia carbon/fibreglass bonnets do NOT meet the crash testing standards that are defined in the ADR's...bad for pedestraians apparently. 8/ A hell of a read those things, the section on mirrors alone is a 5MB word doc..... :dance:

If anyone is seriously interested in having moulds made or (heaven forbid here) carbon items made, feel free to contact me at [email protected] and we'll see what can be done realistically...need to to get pics of my AE82 with her carbon bits up :cool:

You are still changing the factory panels. Blits in Brisbane do Fiberglass bonnets.. Though they told me it would cost $3,000 for my KE55 bonnet with a scoop.. Though she said that if I can get 10 people with the same bonnet they will lower the price to near $700.

Blits is the only place in QLD that has proved to QLD Transport that there Fiberglass bonnets are good enough so QLD Transport has claimed there bonnets to be legal. Though I do not think Carbon fiber bonnets are legal. Each state would have different laws etc.

Some cars have factory fiberglass stuff.. I think the Crysler PT Cruisers or whatever have fiberglass front fenders.

here you go guys....

http://www.peterlack.com/panels.php#corolla

26coro04 Corolla KE30to55 Door LHS $50.00

26Coro05 Corolla KE30to55 Door RHS $50.00

26Coro07 Corolla KE 35 to 55 Bonnet $60.00

26Coro08 Corolla KE 35 to 55 F1/4 LHS $55.00

26Coro09 Corolla KE35 to 55 F1/4 RHS $55.00

26Coro10 Corolla [2DoorCoup] R1/4 LHS $60.00

26Coro11 Corolla [2 Door Coup] R1/4 RH $60.00

26Coro12 Corolla KE35(2DoorCoup)Door $30.00

26Coro13 Corolla KE35(2DoorCoup)Door $30.00

yes please :D

Lesley. Go To Revolution Racegear on Main North Road and speak to Ryan about their Carbon Fibre Pipercross Airbox's that are used on rally cars :hmm:

Edited by Raven

yes but he wanted fiber glass stuff.. :D

I was just pointing it out, and i understood

that a few people were interested in different parts/materials

anyway.

Also, i think you will find that it applies to the fiberglass panels

from that supplier as well (seeing they are on the same page).

see top of page