Tom's Ke70

TOM

what made toyota bring out an inside that colour ???

haha yeah it's not their worst - I saw a white 1979 Corona with two tone pastal green interior recently - vomit!!

looks better already. Should have a look at the townace 14" stockies for something different.

Cheers man, can't remember what those townace stockies look like, i'll find out. Apparently old Volvo 14" is the same stud pattern as corolla's? I've seen some old police stocky style volvo wheels which would look sweet on it!

Anyway got bored today so my mate and i cut and welded 3 Inches out of the shifter, dodgy but effective! You can't see it but...yeah...horrible welding :lolcry:

Before... goofy and sloppy

post-1424-1198054099_thumb.jpg

After... looks cool, feels cool, original 5-speed knobs are awesome!

post-1424-1198054124_thumb.jpg

Feels much nicer, hopefully the weld holds... :fuzz:

Edited by TOM

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm loving the factory looks the wheels give this car, so the stockies stay for the foreseeable future. Just some quality 175/70 tyres and whitewalls and i'll be happy.

Need to fix the ride height - a little too low at the front and not quite low enough in the back, will have new shocks and king springs shortly.

Rust, dents and paint will be next as i have little reason to change the 4K for now - it's economical, reliable, and still runs and goes really well despite a rattly timing chain on startup...

Been doing some general tidying and getting bits from the wreckers...

Immaculate sets of parker light lenses and indicator lenses... really sets off the factory stone chips :hmm:

post-1424-1200821626_thumb.jpg

Tacho Dash... loving the digital clock and factory look - I'm not a fan of external tacho's in road-going KE rolla's, especially one's of the "monster" variety with silly bright dildo looking shift lights.

post-1424-1200821686_thumb.jpg

Replaced a couple chrome trims, put the centre caps back on and blacken tyres, bumpers, stripes etc...

It's deceptively clean...

post-1424-1200822062_thumb.jpg

Yay :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Car will shortly be retired to mums shed to begin work on the rebuild and bodywork.

The old driveline is getting tired from daily thrashing and stuff like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSypdEKqPI

So yeah found a sweet new daily toy (new project thread coming...my 15th Rolla). Plan is to clean it up over a few weeks then stick the KE70 in the shed... There might not be much progress for a while but hope to get it back on the road by the end of the year.

• 2 months later...

Ok so I can't take this car off the road - it's too nice to drive compared to the wagon. Going to start fixing bits of rust and prepping panels whilst still using it as a daily...

Got rid of the mudflaps, 4 new tyres 175/70 and went black with the stockies for a change and whitewalls are booked in for next week. Took some nice photos I thought I would share

post-1424-1210404843_thumb.jpg

post-1424-1210404924_thumb.jpg

I think black looks better - opinions? If i go back to silver it's gotta be done before whitewalls, too much of a hassle afterwards!

Peace,

tom

Edited by TOM

thanks guys yeah they were white when i bought it, then silver until today.

I'm still undecided - the silver made it look kinda 'factory' but the black really stands out and will set the whitewalls off.

Anyone else feel free to offer an opinion...

I reckon the black looks sweet Tom. :D

Usually I hate black stockies with on ke70's, as it makes them look like 'wannabe drifters' but that actually looks really neat.

Leave em black mate, with the whitewalls will looks shmick, verrry verry neat KE70. :)

Cheers, Ben.