The Usual 4age Into Ke55

olskool

Yes of course mig welding is fine for such a purpose.

Now in regards to making custom engine mounts I need the car and the motor. I can not just make them. It really aint that easy. But it also aint that hard. You do need patience and ofcourse time to do such a job.

Where are you located.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 buks is way too much. Generally if someone quotes you that much they really have no interest in the job. Just shop around a bit, but what ever you do don't do it yourself if you aren't a confident welder. I have seen some pretty interesting mistakes because of a dodgy weld. :dance: :cool: And I am sure you would'nt want your engine falling out. :D

Hey guys, quick update on things that are happening with my car.

So here is some pics.

I couldn't wait for the radiator from JAR and I also got a bigger radiator than the one that JAR supplies, a more suitable size according to the opening in the corolla. I will be making my own tanks and all mounting to suit and I will be a happy man. So I got all the following from PWR Queensland AUSTRALIA, not CHINA! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Here is a picture of the filler neck.

post-2171-1236932460_thumb.jpgpost-2171-1236932588_thumb.jpg

And here is the actual core. I got a 2 core radiator which will be more than efficient enough to cool the 4age.

post-2171-1236932667_thumb.jpg

I will keep you all updated as completion comes closer every day. :y:

So, the radiator is all finished and ready to go. Just finished it over the weekend. Here are some pics.

These are the tanks that I fabricated.

post-2171-1237097228_thumb.jpgpost-2171-1237097251_thumb.jpg

post-2171-1237097268_thumb.jpgpost-2171-1237097305_thumb.jpg

This is the top tank.

post-2171-1237097382_thumb.jpg

This is the bottom tank.

post-2171-1237097419_thumb.jpg

And this is the complete product.

post-2171-1237097458_thumb.jpgpost-2171-1237097477_thumb.jpg

And mounted in the car.

post-2171-1237097516_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys like. :lolcry: :laff: :( :bash: :( :y: :y:

Hey man, I seriously appreciate that hey. Its that kind of stuff that makes me want to finish the car quicker and quicker. Can't wait to have it on the road finally. :yes:

Anyway, I can't wait to catch up with you guys on a cruise. My girlfriend and I won't be able to make it to the one this weekend cause our KE70 got stolen out near Hoxton Park just yesterday. So if anyone sees it let me know. The worst thing about it is that the dragways were still on the rear. The front ones were off though.

I am telling you now that it truly sucks to find out news like that. :lol: :sob:

But anyway, it ain't stopping me from finishing the KE55. Full steam ahead and trying to keep smiling. :D

Edited by olskool

The only thing about the dragways is that they were the PERFECT offset and had a bit of width about them, and they were'nt a poxy pooooooooooey rim. I loved em. I think you can still buy them brand new but I am not expecting them to be cheap.

Thanks heaps for the offer man, it truly is appreciated, but we just don't have any way of travel at the moment. So it reeeeeally sucks. :y:

Anyway, gotta keep to it with the KE55. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...