Done

curly

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goodluck in keeping that beauty safe. i get sick of people that wreck it for others as i too would love to see this in person as i reckon i probably cream. if they give you trouble mate I'm sure there would be quite a few people on here willing to help you sort them out(me for 1).

love the setup wheel wise makes it look tough and just finishes the car :S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, very nice setup!!

I am building a similar car in the states, and found you through google.

I had a couple questions:

did you modify the crossmember?

what are you running for piston bore clearance? stock spec is .0019-.0028 but that seem very tight for boost. i'm thinking .0045-.0050

What is the axle/ringgear size? Is it the 8",7.5"? Hilux should be the same as the Tacoma we get, but there are multiple axles used.

I am a member of the 3TCGarage.com forum

My project TE38 Wagon is here:

http://3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5330

Thanks!

Wow, very nice setup!!

I am building a similar car in the states, and found you through google.

I had a couple questions:

did you modify the crossmember?

what are you running for piston bore clearance? stock spec is .0019-.0028 but that seem very tight for boost. i'm thinking .0045-.0050

What is the axle/ringgear size? Is it the 8",7.5"? Hilux should be the same as the Tacoma we get, but there are multiple axles used.

I am a member of the 3TCGarage.com forum

My project TE38 Wagon is here:

http://3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5330

Thanks!

Hi mate, i found the cheapest place and the most helpfull was atomicspeedware, they do a piston ring gudgeon and pauter set for about $1100 us. they are +.020" so you have to bore, full fitting instructions come with it and if you have a drama just ring and you will talk to Nick Arias himself, very helpfull. I use a w56 out of a 03 hilux because it puts the shifter straight through the original hole but you can exchange extension housings from 55 56 57 58 boxes, my diff is out of an 03 hilux (tecoma) G series 8 in ring gear. these come in 3.55/ 1 to 5.:dance: 1 spools available from summit engineering, my xmember is stock std just seam weld it while it,s out, mine started unpicking the spot welds, i used std engine mounts at first but as it made more power it tried to open the bonnet under acceleration so these were changed to teflon type, welcome and any advise i can give your welcome to, my cams are built up std ones with 2jz turbo profiles using std valve springs these are good to 30psi

Thanks for the info! Arias pistons/Paulter rods are on my list, I'm still checking out a few things and doing a bunch of math.

I will be seam welding everything I can. Have you noticed any deflection in the body? Does anything need reinforcement? Are any of your engine/suspension mounts deforming?

I will be going to a linked rear end and be caging the chassis, tying to all my mount points. I think the structure of the car is very light for the power/stress it will be getting.

Hey Gambit,Just had a read of the thread you linked to. Please start a Rides thread here :( KE/TE 38's :(

Why so you can be as jealous of me as I am of curly? :) :y: :dance:

I'll get one up later today! (edit I forgot you are on the other side of the day..)

Edited by gambit4000s

Thanks for the info! Arias pistons/Paulter rods are on my list, I'm still checking out a few things and doing a bunch of math.

I will be seam welding everything I can. Have you noticed any deflection in the body? Does anything need reinforcement? Are any of your engine/suspension mounts deforming?

Just so you know it,s 8.00am here i have no reinforcing or seam welding except for the front x member, its done a few miles now + some 1/4s and nothing seems to be a problem, they really are quite a strong little box

All that stuff about wanting to steal the car, seriously man you need to be more careful.

I know you're trying to be a nice guy, show people your car and share your enthusiasm and knowledge etc but you just can't trust anyone. Sure the person who looked at it might not be stealing it, but out of the 400 people he tells about it because it is so awesome one of them probably wants to!!

All it takes is for someone who knows about it to get drunk and tell all his mates and one of those mates will be a kent :dance:

All that stuff about wanting to steal the car, seriously man you need to be more careful.

I know you're trying to be a nice guy, show people your car and share your enthusiasm and knowledge etc but you just can't trust anyone. Sure the person who looked at it might not be stealing it, but out of the 400 people he tells about it because it is so awesome one of them probably wants to!!

All it takes is for someone who knows about it to get drunk and tell all his mates and one of those mates will be a kent :dance:

Thanks mate, the rolla barely ever leaves my sight and when i do its locked away by 3 locked cars and my boat one side and a tractor that only i can start so its pretty safe, I'm more worried about it going when I'm using it for work but what can you do, i have it wired so if you don't know it it wont go, i have let that young guy know that if it goes hes going to be limping for an extended period and looking for another job so heres hoping

Just so you know it,s 8.00am here i have no reinforcing or seam welding except for the front x member, its done a few miles now + some 1/4s and nothing seems to be a problem, they really are quite a strong little box

Interesting, I guess they are stronger than they look. I wonder if road course/time attack will be more stress.

And I started a thread here

• 4 weeks later...