Log Book

basher_ke20

I seriously think it is something rollaclub should look into.

ask the president of another car club how to go about it, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help out.

You gotta start somewhere, and there's soo many nice classic cars out there that don't get driven every day, and their owners are paying normal rego costs when they could be paying a whole lot less for the same amount of driving they do.

Cheers,

KJ :-)

No.

For one thing, we cover all states and the schemes are significantly different from state to state.

My dear old Dad Is registrar for his club in Melbourne, and I know he's also heavily involved with the restructure of the CH scheme through the AOMC down there. I know what is involved legally club wise for the scheme, personally would not like to see us getting involved in any way shape or form. It's a VERY serious commitment, with VERY strong ramifications for Rollaclub when somebody does the wrong thing. As has happened in the early days at TCCA, and others.

These schemes rely strongly on people doing the right thing, and as a lot of the denizens in here struggle to comply with a few simple posting rules, I can't see them complying to the letter of what would be needed.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think it is something rollaclub should look into.

ask the president of another car club how to go about it, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help out.

You gotta start somewhere, and there's soo many nice classic cars out there that don't get driven every day, and their owners are paying normal rego costs when they could be paying a whole lot less for the same amount of driving they do.

Cheers,

KJ :-)

The SA Act states you must be a financial member of a authorized club, Rollaclub does not have a financial obligation required by its members or meetings where members can vote on the direction of the club to my knowledge. to become an authorized club you need to send a copy of the constitution.I'm not sure rollaclub even has a Constitution.

It is probably easier for each member to join there local club in there area. Unless there is a lot of people keen enough to do a lot of work forming SA Chapter/ Club of some sort.

It really is not as simple as getting a group of your mates together and calling yourself a car club.

You would require a constitution, if you have half a brain, become an incorporated body (the MINIMUM protection that you would want....) affiliate to a governing body of some sort (CAMS, what ever the SA equivilant of AOMC is, hot rod governing body etc) and jump through the hoops of transport. All of these will require a decent base membership with membership fees, insurance, formal events, the lot. It would be FAR easier to join a local club with availability to the scheme.

It really is not as simple as getting a group of your mates together and calling yourself a car club.

You would require a constitution, if you have half a brain, become an incorporated body (the MINIMUM protection that you would want....) affiliate to a governing body of some sort (CAMS, what ever the SA equivilant of AOMC is, hot rod governing body etc) and jump through the hoops of transport. All of these will require a decent base membership with membership fees, insurance, formal events, the lot. It would be FAR easier to join a local club with availability to the scheme.

for those here in sa i suggest you join an existing club like The Sporting Car Club of sa or for those who are more toyota orientated why not Toyota Car Club, although TCC currently don't have historic rego, if i remeber they were willing to do the paperwork for a prospective member not so long ago,

Wow, didn't realise how complicated this was. Say you do have Historic Rego and you are permitting to drive only X amount of days a year. What stops you from driving over that limit?

You are permitted to drive 90 days, the authorized car club will want to view the car and log book every 12 months. if you go over 90 days they may not stamp the log book for the following year.

also if you receive a speed or Red light camera the police deliver it to your house and want to see the log book for that day.The fine for misuse is $750

• 6 months later...
The SA Act states you must be a financial member of a authorized club, Rollaclub does not have a financial obligation required by its members or meetings where members can vote on the direction of the club to my knowledge. to become an authorized club you need to send a copy of the constitution.I'm not sure rollaclub even has a Constitution.

It is probably easier for each member to join there local club in there area. Unless there is a lot of people keen enough to do a lot of work forming SA Chapter/ Club of some sort.

So any suggestions as to what clubs in SA to join which endorse historic rego?

Also, is there an age limit on historic rego? I wouldn't think a KE70 would pass, yet I had a feeling it was anything 30 years old or older?

Cheers,

KJ.

I would imagine your state motoring authority would be able to tell you which clubs participate in its scheme. There is a list on the Victorian website - so SA shouldn't be too far behind?

Just had a look and the SA government website is hard work huh!

Anyways here is a list of historic clubs I found by googling south australia historic registration:

http://www.fhmcsa.org.au/ourmembers.htm

KJ - the thread before yours says it loud and clear mate! Sporting Car Club, they're pretty huge and diverse.

As for age, you shouldn't have any issue if you are licensed.

As for Age - no a KE70 won't pass. It is supposed to be capped at January, 30 years from the current year (so anything 1979 etc)

There is talk that it was going to be set at 78 though.

So any suggestions as to what clubs in SA to join which endorse historic rego?

Also, is there an age limit on historic rego? I wouldn't think a KE70 would pass, yet I had a feeling it was anything 30 years old or older?

Cheers,

KJ.

If I remember correctly Your from the Barossa Try the Barossa Valley Historical Vehicles Club in Angaston. or PM Me.

Cheers

Darren