Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"lazarust", Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 155
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Have a good look at the diff, if it was Australian delivered your car may have a diff like our ke70s, except I don't think its an Australian delivered model. Ive seen those in Europe and Japan only so far. So you never know, have a good look at the diff and see what the axle code is on the compliance plate.

Diff is "Dodgy Brothers", put under rolling shell to make it moveable, likely to be given the flick when driveline is done. re earlier post: The twinky donor car would be a source of metal only, I doubt the pressings are the same, but I am hoping that the window profile is close...

Edited by machg

what motor was it again? a 3teU?

is that a efi setup?

  • Author
what motor was it again? a 3teU?

is that a efi setup?

Bought as rolling shell (no engine) but it had a fuel injected 3T in it

  • Author

I stand corrected, make that a 2tgeu, either way, its going to have a 7age

  • Author

Got some 10mm aluminiun plate offcut today for nix. (on the promise that I'll take the manifold there for welding)

Break out the old hacksaw...

 

image000cc5.jpg

 

Geez aluminium's great to work with, the two pieces aren't more than 1/2mm different in any dimension, I can live with that, LOL

 

image001iq5.jpg

 

next step; drill 4 little holes in 1 and 4 little holes + 1 big one in the other.

Once you have finished drilling, tapping ect you should try polishing aluminum with steel wool and Velvet soap, Don't use any nasty waxes ect it may interfere with the welding.

  • Author
Once you have finished drilling, tapping ect you should try polishing aluminum with steel wool and Velvet soap, Don't use any nasty waxes ect it may interfere with the welding.

Polish for the pig? LOL. I might have a crack at it after welding is finished.

  • Author

bought a correctly sized drill bit and (wrong sized) tap today and practiced drilling and tapping on scrap before the real thing tomorrow. Does anyone know the correct size tap for intake plenum holes? I got a 8mm x 1.25mm tap, but its a little too big, so I am guessing correct size is 7mm x 1.25mm.

bought a correctly sized drill bit and (wrong sized) tap today and practiced drilling and tapping on scrap before the real thing tomorrow. Does anyone know the correct size tap for intake plenum holes? I got a 8mm x 1.25mm tap, but its a little too big, so I am guessing correct size is 7mm x 1.25mm.

 

Toyota mostly used ISO metric the number in the center of the head is the tensile grade.

 

6 x 1.0 = 10 mm head across Flats

 

8 X 1.25 = 12mm head across Flats

  • Author

I am going to see if the guy who's bench drill I use has a 7 x 1.25 mm tap and I'll trial and error it, or else I am going to half tap the holes with the tap, finish them off with a standard bolt, then stud and super loctite the f---ers.

I am going to see if the guy who's bench drill I use has a 7 x 1.25 mm tap and I'll trial and error it, or else I am going to half tap the holes with the tap, finish them off with a standard bolt, then stud and super loctite the f---ers.

 

I have never seen 7 x 1.25 used on any Toyota, its most likely 6 x 1.0. take it to a fastener shop and they will measure it for you. Pictured is a pitch gauge it will tell you the pitch.

post-3388-1197063111.jpg

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

  • Author

1.25 is the correct pitch, the thread works, it just feels too loose, meh, loctite will fix

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.