"lazarust", Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew?

machg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit done today:

a7f62d52.jpg - A better mousetrap

8fb241ff.jpg - Completed front repair

47fc9322.jpg - Mmmmm black

85036b24.jpg - Just when you think you've finished, you find more rust.

Does anyone have a list of torque wrench settings for a T18/TE71?

Edited by machg

• 2 weeks later...

Got heaps done today, finished and primered all rust spots up to the firewall, and removed all sound deadening from firewall back to B pillar.

Some Pics:

Image008.jpgImage009.jpgImage010.jpgImage012.jpg

Used a health grill ($10 from the tip shop FTW!) to soften most of the large areas of sound deadening, made the job heaps easier:

Image013.jpgImage014.jpg

Edited by machg

Had more of a look at some of the trickier fabrication bits today, some panels are sooo complex, I am going to sacrifice "jesus" for some bits. Because of this, I probably won't be able to keep to a $1K budget, so back to plan 'A' - track/drift car. Would the stock 2TGEU have enough grunt for drifting, or would I be better off going down the turbo route. Or the 3T bottom end 2TG head N/A (or turbo). I have a turbo off an L20ET that just needs a couple of seals, would that be O.K. size wise on the 2TG?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yoda found a uni joint for me (thanks once again mate) started fitting the new column. Should be able to get hold of the original dash and its loom so I swapped key barrel and switch block over to the new column. Everything fitted perfectly, gotta love Toyotas, LOL.

• 1 month later...

Having to put a new gearbox in "jesus" I have experimented with engine fitment on "lazarust". I have worked out by cutting off the old mounts from the original crossmember and the mounts off the new (AE71), then bolting and welding the T series mounts onto the A series crossmember the alignment should be perfect. Will post pics when I am done.

let me know if you get stuck with panel shapes as i may be able to help.

To fix heat worpage use a Shrinking Disc , it fits on an angegrinder and heats the high spots then you quench them in cold water. even a beginner can get great results.

check out the link below i have also seen them on ebay.

http://www.daggertools.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=DT-SD2