Dyno Read Out

the Db king

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give them a chance guys, no need for shooting down or discouraging comments at this point, its not an unreasonbale expectation out of a 1.5L engine, but in saying that. Lets see the sheet! i've got a 5k with extractors, full exhaust, twin 40mm webers, ported head and high comp, Pistons, full balanced bottom end and electronic dizzy, can't remember cam but bordering race cam...what would i be looking at?

My first 5K was completely dead standard with a 3K carby on it...I pulled the engine out of the van myself (91 model with under 100K km's on it) and it ran 40rwkw. So to more than double that power without boost would require a fairly massive amount of work...So maybe along with a dyno sheet you could tell us what was done to this 89kw 5K?

You not talking to me hey!!!!!!!!

My first 5K was completely dead standard with a 3K carby on it...I pulled the engine out of the van myself (91 model with under 100K km's on it) and it ran 40rwkw. So to more than double that power without boost would require a fairly massive amount of work...So maybe along with a dyno sheet you could tell us what was done to this 89kw 5K?

My point exactly, Like i said i don't think there is alot of stock 5k left in them motors.

soon I'm getting the 5k bottom end for sale off here, this is what i plan to do:

5k bottom end with 2lt mazda flat top pistons, balanced crankshaft, rebuilt (seals and bearings)

4k head with heavy duty springs

electronic dizzy

32/36 weber

headers-straight through pipe

what figures will i (approx) be looking at? 50rwkw?