December 2, 200718 yr comment_212553 hello everybody, I'm just about to start ripping my ke30 apart again, for a complete build, so i thought i may as well show my progress. I recently restored my ke25, with a bare metal respray, all the chrome, and the result turned out unbelievable IMO, so have decided that it is time for the ke30 to get a facelift, using the exact same styling :wink: I shall quickly introduce my vehicle ---------------------------------------- Anyways, this is my ke30, when i it looked its best. It is always under development, particularly in the driveline department. I have to say it spends more time getting worked on then driven. The old man helped me first drop a sr20de it it a few years back. I then turbocharged it with gt28rs and it made 230hp@ wheels on 10psi. through my carelessness this blew up. I then quickly put together a turbo bottom end i had in the shed, with new rings and gaskets. This made 288hp@ wheels on 19psi still with the gt28rs. i have since pulled the manifolds off this motor, and sold the gt28rs, to fund a gt3076r. Due to a loss of licence, the corolla is undergoing a complete overhaul in the next 6 months. Edited February 24, 201016 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
December 4, 200718 yr Author comment_213027 It has been a busy weekend on the rola, stripping it back, removing anything and everything. I think i have done this way too many times, not once did i sit and think "i wonder how this comes off", i could nearly do it in my sleep me thinks. Report
December 8, 200718 yr comment_213774 good luck mate. Looked good to start with so i can only imagine what it'll look like when it's done. Just a question i have always wondered, if you loose your car licince do you loose your bike licence as well? Matt. Report
December 8, 200718 yr Author comment_213834 yeh, no zx10 for 6 months either. Yep, it hurts, i think I'm starting to get the shakes, i need my fix! Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_216358 ^^^^^^^Thanks man, hopefully it turn out even better. I purchased some seats for the old machine the other day, previously ive been using some ta22 seats, cos they give my head about a foot of roof clearance (even though I'm 6ft 5) I never got the old 22 seats recovered though cos they lack support, particularly in the sideways area. so until now ive just had white throw overs. Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_216359 Velo seats FTW. They look like a set of old GP90's? Great seat, had one for years. Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_216362 Yeh, i was chasing velos for a while, theyre not that common second hand. I ended up paying $400 for these, seemed like an ok price, even if theyre a few models old. Anyways, these are some of my bits for my plan of 300rwkw. I will probably start assembly of the bottom end soon. Thing is still need for my motor build: Injectors 800cc Solid Camshafts 272 duration, 12.5 lift Custom exhaust manifold (soon) ATI balancer (ouch pricy) Maybe 1mm oversized valves (still deciding) Torque plate bore, crank linish, line bore. Edited December 23, 200718 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_216373 Very good price. I payed $700 odd for one about 7 years ago, and I know the GPT that I just got retails for around $780. They're not that common second hand because most who have them will go to the effort of keeping them from car to car. You shouldn't be disappointed with them. :lolcry: Edited December 23, 200718 yr by Redwarf Report
December 23, 200718 yr Author comment_216376 Very good price. I payed $700 odd for one about 7 years ago, and I know the GPT that I just got retails for around $780. They're not that common second hand because most who have them will go to the effort of keeping them from car to car. You shouldn't be disappointed with them. biggrin.gif Well thats good to know, they seem pretty comfy on the lounge room floor, now all i need is a steering wheel...........and a ps2................. Edited December 23, 200718 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_216382 Did that with a Sparco! :lolcry: We even built in a stubby holder into the frame, for easy access drinking between stages...... Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_216469 Hahahahaha classic aussie ingenuity! Those seats looks hell sexy Matt. Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_216485 I don't know if you've sorted out a suitable radiator. If not, look into using the old volvo sedan radiators. The V6 ones are alloy (others are copper) and they fit very nicely into the front of the E50 corollas. That's what I'm running in my CA18det powered TA22. And don't forget, if you're runing cams designed for solid pivots, to buy solid lifter (pivots as they're called in the SR20, unless you've got a GTIR head :y: ) Looking like a great project Jordan Report
December 30, 200718 yr Author comment_217248 .......sorry just been busy trying to make a beer holder :dance: Those seats looks hell sexy Matt. thanks man, i can't wait to drive in them, it should feel pretty racey :bash: I don't know if you've sorted out a suitable radiator. If not, look into using the old volvo sedan radiators. The V6 ones are alloy (others are copper) and they fit very nicely into the front of the E50 corollas. That's what I'm running in my CA18det powered TA22. And don't forget, if you're runing cams designed for solid pivots, to buy solid lifter (pivots as they're called in the SR20, unless you've got a GTIR head wink.gif ) Thanks, the radiator is sorted, but that is still really good to know, for possible distant future ke25 love. I have the gtir lifters and cams, i just want bigger!, so its all good :y: Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217343 ^^^^^^^Thanks man, hopefully it turn out even better. I purchased some seats for the old machine the other day, previously ive been using some ta22 seats, cos they give my head about a foot of roof clearance (even though I'm 6ft 5) I never got the old 22 seats recovered though cos they lack support, particularly in the sideways area. so until now ive just had white throw overs. I was thinking about the seats.. but they don't recline. So long distance trips will be a little annoying with them. So I am just getting racing recliner ones you see now a days. Looks like a great project, hopefully I will be doing very similiar too ^_^ Keep up the good work and probably be expecting some messages from me in the future.. hehe. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now