K Engine Options

yellow_keto

i want a bit more oomph out of my K motor. A stock 4k made 47kw out of production. I'm deciding what i should do.. simply bolt a 3k head on, 32/36 weber and be done with it... How many KW would this increase of the stock 4k? a vvery noticable amount?

Or i could salvage the wreckers and get a 5k bottom end, bolt a 3k head onto it, the weber carby and some extractors. Would this be about the same power as a stock 4AC? maybe more?

What can you recommend? thanks

Members dont see this ad

"Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick two."

I you want budget mods, search like you've never searched before. It's no good asking us what we would do, when at the end of the day, the car is YOURS.

Make an imformed decision. Don't ask others to do it for you.

All the information you will ever need will be in here or Toymods somewhere.

Edited by Redwarf

yeah but ae71 bits are taxed hard these days. finding a pedal box wont be easy. neither will xmembers.

4ages are a lot more expensive too. i don't have much money to blow

thats not true there are so many parts floating around have u looked on ae86dc

i got my parts real cheap cost me 1200 for entire engin packege + pedal box and crossmembers

do things in stages, you don't need to buy everything at once.

but getting back to your first post. the FAQ says the 5K and the 4A-C both put out 70BHP. by getting a 5k bottom end, putting on a 3k head,weber,extractors (and a cam if you wanted) you would well and truely have more power than a standard 4A-C. i can't say for sure how big an increase you would get out of a head and carbie swap, but every little bit counts on a K block!!

:y: 4ac then pick one up for like 50 bucks off someone doin the conversion

Not a bad idea, as long as you realise that you need all the same hard to find parts to complete this conversion. So these parts must be hard to find, especially when you arent looking.

Anyhow, build a tough k motor, raise the compression, cam regrind, bigger carby, extractors and exhaust, ooh shit I just spent 1200 dollars. I coulda had a 4age. There are parts for sale, you just need to master the search function.