Ke20 Diff Questions.

YKE 20T

hey guys does anyone know what width the original ke20 diff is? also what is the widest rubber anyone has managed to fit on then rear? i'm thinking of going to about 7 to 7.5 inches as i allready have 6 inch wide simmons and they seem to fit easily. what experiences do people have? also anyone that has shortened a diff from another veichle, what width did you get it shortened to?

just gathering as much info as possible before i throw my $$$ around.

PS my ke20 didnt come with a standard diff it came with an rx4 item that had been installed. this was ok with 12 and 13inch stockies but with the simmons the wheels hang out by about 1.5 - 2 inches looks fat but slightly impractical lol. have removed said diff and sat simmons in gaurds seem to chave good clearance width wise.

Edited by YKE 20T

Members dont see this ad
i've got a stock one stored away, i'll measure it later this week unless someone beats me to it.

that would be awesome thanks for that. and coln72 my simmons have 205 and they look to leave plenty of room. thats what makes me suspect that it might be possible to squeze 225's or 235's in.

ke20 jap diff is 1320mm is wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face.

i think ke20 borg warner would be the same but id double check first.

to retain the original backspace tyre clearance 195's can be used or 205's if you roll the lip.

to get the original tyre backspace you must use the correct rim width and offset with the tyre,

which is a 6 inch rim with 195 and +12 offset.

should you lessen the factory tyre backspace, then you could increase the width more.

however you don't want it rubbing on the inside section - the wheel tub side when

you corner so don't go to far.

thanks for the info dude. i measured up the distance between the wheel faces when i had the car on the wheels minus diff and came up with 1300 so i was close. i mainly want to stick wider rubber for the drag strip as i'll be running the 205 simmons on the street. i reckon with the right offset wheel i'll be able to squeze some 235s in for the drags.

thanks for the info dude. i measured up the distance between the wheel faces when i had the car on the wheels minus diff and came up with 1300 so i was close. i mainly want to stick wider rubber for the drag strip as i'll be running the 205 simmons on the street. i reckon with the right offset wheel i'll be able to squeze some 235s in for the drags.

to fit 235s if you can find them in 13s you need to do a little flaring and 215s the rear guards will need to be lipped but as for rim size 13 X 7 is a good size and I've seen a set of 17 X 7s on one.

i've actually got a set of 15 inch simmons so i should should be able to get tyres. a couple of wheels have gutter rash so i might get a new pair a bit wider. i was going to pump the gaurds a fair bit when it gets stripped back and sprayed this year so i should be able to squeze 235s on the back.

why do you need 235 when useing a ke20 diff? if you need 235 for traktion then you will break the ke20 diff. mine alwas breaks with 215's runing my 3t.

but with the right ofset you can run 225's in 13's i guess 225's in 15 as well?

its powered by a ca18det so traction can be a problem. i'm putting either a r31 skyline borgwarner or hilux diff in in the next two months so it should hold up.