Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adam's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author
Yeah man loving the new goodies :D

 

This car is such an awesome ride.

 

If i was to get a KE70 i'd love it to look like this :no2:

 

Keep it up, can't wait to see that engine bay once the new engine is in :S

 

Thanks mate. It's really good to hear. :D

 

 

Hey,

Sweet KE70 man, love the rims. How did the rear suspension straightening go?

Mine is the same, but I've changed springs and it didn't go away, any ideas?

 

Cheers!

 

Umm the problem I had with the uneven ride heights is still there. I put in the other half of the spring which I chopped up and it's better, but still uneven. I took both sides out the first time and they were EXACTLY the same length. No idea what's going on there. If you ever find out what's going on, I'd like to know! hahaha

 

 

:P

  • Replies 326
  • Views 286k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looken good man

 

now u just need to put it in

  • Author

img6793tz6.jpg

 

img6814zw6.jpg

 

img6501wu3.jpg

 

img6502in2.jpg

 

;)

 

 

Was way too busy and excited to take any more photos.

 

Still need to wire the motor up, set up the fuel lines and... I think that's it!

 

Still waiting on the distributor which was supposed to be sent out with the motor, gearbox package, but didn't ( ;) ). Need to get igniter and a few other little random bits.

 

Hopefully we'll be ready to start the engine by mid next week, Wednesday.

Nice project there. I have a similar one that I am in the middle of as of the moment. Which extractors are those? I wonder if they would fit in a Left hand drive car.

 

Cheers

 

Nino

looking good...

 

very nice wheels

  • Author

Cheers guys. :cool:

 

Nice project there. I have a similar one that I am in the middle of as of the moment. Which extractors are those? I wonder if they would fit in a Left hand drive car.

 

Cheers

 

Nino

 

Hi Nino,

 

The extractors are the TRD copies from Kaizen Garage. Bought them for about $340 or something delivered with a new clutch line made up to clear the slave cylinder. I'm not too sure if they will or will not clear for left hand drive cars.

 

 

With the conversion, everything's pretty much in place, fuel pumps and lines all in their places, wiring is still a bit messing around to actually get it started, just a few starter motor lines, etc. No point rushing to get it done. Everything's pretty much here and ready for the motor to start except for the distributor which was supposed to be sent out with my engine, but the sender 'forgot'. Still waiting on that, he still hasn't even sent it out yet! :P I'm a bit annoyed about that, but hopefully it'll be sent out soon as it's holding up my project.

  • Author

Oh I also forgot to say that I picked up some Corona XT130 lower control arms yesterday. :P I was expected a bit more camber out of it, but it should be alright for a daily driven car. Pics to come when motor is all up and running.

 

 

Cheers

Thanks for the info bro. I guess i will just have to get a set made just like on my '74.

 

Cheers

 

Nino

Looking sweet mate, been a while since i have checked this thread and it's great to hear the 4age is going in. Post up some progress pics when you have time.

 

Matt.

  • Author

All the wiring on the car's pretty much done, just need to wait for the igniter and distributor then she's ready to be fired up!

 

 

Hey Matt,

 

I took a few shots of the engine bay after I got the wiring done, they're still on my brother's camera so can't post it just yet. Tried to take a few photos of the Corona arms installed as well, but my mum's car is in the way so couldn't really get a good shot of it.

 

 

Hopefully the parts arrive soon and the car gets started by the end of this week. :(

 

I'll be updating the progress soon. :(

  • Author

This is how my engine bay looks currently with pretty much everything, but the dizzy and igniters hooked up.

 

4age1id6.jpg

 

Nothing interesting really...

hell yeah man this is looking really really good. :(

 

its making me want to go with a 4age in my project even more.

 

 

if you don't mind me asking how much have you spent on the engine parts and running gear so far??

  • Author

Cheers mate.

 

I try not to think about how much I've spend, but I have this list going on to show me how much I've spent. It's not a complete list, but it's pretty much the things I needed for the conversion and it has a total of $2567 so far. If everything's going to plan, it should cost about $3k all up for the conversion. I'm still yet to purchase the exhaust.

 

My budget before I started the conversion was only $2k! :( Nothing goes to plan. :D

 

 

Hope that gives you an idea.

 

 

Edit: I just wanted to say that I paid for another distributor today. I'm thinking the owner of the one that was supposed to come to me is ripping me off. I just don't understand how you could just all of a sudden forget to send it out with everything else. Oh well, I'll do what I can to get it. :(

Edited by adam-__-

I hate dodgies who do things like that. Mate she looks at home in the engine bay. Good luck with chasing down your gear.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.