Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

fell i suppose i better start on the car again since it IS a long week end... WOOO!

o well hopefully picking up a SC14 from berengary tomorrow :D

Was meant to order carpet today but the fax didn't go through, o well. Going to source down a roll of thick felt underlay for a bit more sound deadening.

Started pulling all doors apart for new vinyl, central locking etc.

I want to get all the rust out of the right guard and remove the face plate of the fuel fill, and repair it out of the car, there is just to much to work on it, in the car.

I want to get the seats back in so it doesn't look like such a shit box and i can get some motivation back up.

Also decided that the cable running the battery is way to thin :S so i probably just buy to more sets of jumper cables to run a wire to the alternator/fuse box

I'm trying to decide weather i should just hire a MIG for a weekend, get it early as possible have a pratise day, then go through all night and Sunday to try to tackle some of the body.

Or wait until the holidays, don't know. Just have done welding for so long and it was only stick, so it probably doesn't count :D

But i have to do some under skin word, were you don't see the welds so i probably just be able to practice there, although i need to get windscreen out :D

does any body know how much that would cost (wind screen out, with out a break then back in)

Edited by Jason

Ive just got my first project, a KE70 so this thread is really helpful. Luv the read in this but god its long. I'm planning on building the KE70 for drift as i cannot afford a sprinter, plus parts are too expensive. I'm going to run custom coilovers in front, kyb shocks in rear and a 4AGZE out of a AE101 or AE92. Later after i can learn to drive will maybe turbo it. Havent got any idea of diff yet but probally go for a T18 with after market lsd centre.

Thanks for making a great thread, awsome read.

A couple of questions:

1.  What is the diameter of the standard SC14 pulley?

2.  Are you using the standard SC14 pulley?

3.  Are you using standard 4AGZE pulleys?

1. same as the SC12

2. Yes

3. For now, i MIGHT upgrade to a nevo or something later depends on boost i supose. But not my crazy overdrive pulley.

You should find every thing you need here :D

PS got shit loads of school work now, so progress will be even slower than before :D

Ive run all the central locking cables, and started wiring my alarm. Dam i hope the fax went throgh for my carpet :dry:

New S/C not bad for how cheap i got it :S

post-20-1115102309.jpg

Edited by Jason

Its a all go from the engineer :P

Teddy showed me his door vinaling skills, 1 down. Geat work!

Also got some XT130 struts for $88 a pair :)

ps whats the disk 'hat'?

Edited by Jason

hey... i've been watching this with a keen eye, but no-one's brought up this question:

don't you think you're overinvesting into this car?

if i were going to put a gze into an ae71, i wouldn't go much further than preventing the rust from getting really bad (or fixing it if it already is), getting a supra gearbox + adapter, an LSD, a little work on the suspension and brakes, an SC overdrive pulley, and yeah, getting it running.

that'd surely be a cheap and highly enjoyable car

i sure as hell wouldn't bother getting rid of ALL the rust, installing central locking, respraying it or any crap like that...

but then, how long have you got til you can legally drive on the streets? like, how far off 18 are you?