Tallys Ke70 Daily

Tally

Hey guys

Some of you may remember that white auto KE70 that was for sale in the car trader for a few weeks. Well I ended up buying it. And yea thats pretty much it. heheh, Nah.

When I got it the paint was faded and the whole car was in need of a good clean inside & out.

The car itself is pretty overrated. After giving it a wash my dad suggested that I polish it up a bit to bring up the shine.

After a whole day of hard work I finally got it looking like brand new.

Before i got it, my uncle had a 2" e-system installed and had the head removed and replaced with a 3K head.

It has cut spring all round and sits pretty nicely.

I know I know, its auto, but its my first car that is ON the road hehe. Its a good cruiser.

SPECS:

Car: 82 CS KE70 Corolla

Colour: White

Engine: Stock 4K-C with 3K head

Trans: Auto

Interior: Blue

Sound System: Stock AM/FM radio

PLANS:

After I get new tires for it I'm going to slap some whitewalls on it and maybe grab some venations for it.

Going for that old-school look on this one hehehe.

Might covert it to manual if I get time. If anyone has the parts necessary for the conversion, please PM me.

And also I need two chrome trim rings as it only came with two.

So yea enough chatter, here it is :D

copyofs4010068xa7.jpg

chopgx4.jpg

copyofs4010070iz8.jpg

Cheers

Tally

Edited by Tally

Members dont see this ad

hehe thanks man.

Yea its pretty good for its age. Was a driving instructors car. Well looked after.

its not 100% with only a few things needing attention but it certainly is minty fresh :D

If I sell the KE25 then I may think about using this as a project car but nothing is certain.

Id get the chrome bumpers from a T-18? Those quads in the parts trader certainly were tempting but the price!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Been driving around in it a fair bit lately and lovin it hehehe.

Just a few questions.

Ive seen a few KE70s on here with the full chrome bumpers. I assume they are from the TE72/T-18 am I right?

I have seen a few of them driving around adelaide and was just wondering how easy they are to get hold of and how much they go for.

I think I read that they have mounting issues when put on KE70s...

Also what small/simple mods can I do to it.

Would It be worth chucking on some extractors on it. Its got a 2" system already, but its auto. :)

I might rip out the dash and disconnect the front speakers as they are screwed. It came with brand new speakers sitting in the back so I wanna connect them up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tally

Nice work Tally, looks kinda like mine! Hope to seeya cruisin around Radelaide soon!

As for the chrome wheel trims, Just wrecking Toyota's at Wingfield have a whole rack of chrome trims with at least 6-10 immaculate KE70 ones - i bought a couple last week, and i mean overrated with no gutter rash at all!

I also met a guy at U-Pull-It at Elizabeth who is building a supercharged 4K KE70 with tricked up standard auto trans, tried to convince him to join rollaclub and show us his work which hopefully he will do...

Cheers,

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys

Was looking to start doing a couple of mods to it.

Was looking more towards handling then power (although Id like to do some small power upgrades, anyone sugest anything?)

Would like to stiffen the chassis a bit as it has way to much body roll going around corners.

How about a strut brace and some springs. Coilovers? (maybe a bit extreme, but would like it to handle better) How many kgs is ideal for a street car.

Also looking to do some weight reduction in some areas.

Cheers

Tally

How much money do you have to play with? Thats what is all going to depend on what you do. I'm guessing your budget isn't to bad if your thinking of coilovers. And idea would be AE86 coilovers ready made, either that or custom RA60, even T18 would work. Rear T series diff would work to, I know a place to get them for a decent price if you like. Fender braces can be bought to stiffen up the front end and strut braces like you have suggested. Than you just need to look at four links and thicker sway bars.

Where are you thinking of reducing weight? There wouldn't be many places you could do it with a road registered car in SA without the cops knowing unfortunately.

Upgrading your brakes may mean upgrading rims though remember, and remeber to change all your bushes if your chaning over your handling gear. Do it once, do it properly I say :P

Are you keeping the stock motor? Or using another? Going N/A or turbo / SC ?

Cheers Fusion

Edited by fusion

• 10 months later...

ok so............... whats new with this car????

alot really lol...

well ill try to sum it all up:

Fitted fender mirrors

Fitted T-18 bars

Fitted tacho dash

Fitted front rims

General maintanence

Fitted CD player

post-1732-1230468897_thumb.jpgpost-1732-1230468930.jpg

Bought parts car, doing 5speed manual convo...

Got my AE86 strut convo nearing completion and installation

and yea few other things...

So guys I have a few questions that I havnt had any luck getting answers to on AE86DC...

1. Machining brake rotors? How much and whos good to get em done in Adelaide?

2. Good brake pads for ADM AE86 Calipers?

3. Any idea if I can get like some sort of rebuild kit for a K50? or replacement rubbers or a shift rebuild kit...

4. lightening my flywheel? How much and whos good to get it done in Adelaide?

5. My KE70 5spds would be 19 spline?

6. Where to get spigot bearing?

Cheers

Tally

1. Machining brake rotors? How much and whos good to get em done in Adelaide?

2. Good brake pads for ADM AE86 Calipers?

3. Any idea if I can get like some sort of rebuild kit for a K50? or replacement rubbers or a shift rebuild kit...

4. lightening my flywheel? How much and whos good to get it done in Adelaide?

5. My KE70 5spds would be 19 spline?

6. Where to get spigot bearing?

Cheers

Tally

1. Free from me if you were here in QLD.

2. I have just got standards, Id suggest something like a bendix titanium strip.

3. What are you looking to rebuild? Do you need bearings? You can get bushes for the shifter, If you can't find any look for t50 shifter rebuild kit.

4. On a K series motor its not really worth it but each to thier own.

5. Dunno.

6. Local bearing shop, Should be a part number in the FAQ.

Ok so...

I'm having problems with the engine.

1. The timing is out

2. The valve clearances are out

3. Carbie needs a rebuild

and yesterday it got worse as I was driving on the highway, the engine started stuttering, like it would cut out for a mili-second every second while building revs...

I also found out that my 3K head is in fact a 3K-H head, so I guess I am running a bit more comp then a stock 3K head...

So becasue I have this head I'm not sure what settings I have to go by.... 3K or 4K?

eg like do I adjust engine stuff in regards to a 4K engine or a 3K engine.

the car has:

new oil

new coolant

new s/plugs

new dizzy points/rotor

old leads

old coil

So I'm gonna change my timing chain so that particular problem will be fixed hopefully.

Then once I know what settings to adjust with ill do the rest.

Also when I adjust my timing I'm thinking ill put it at 10 degrees,

as the FAQ states if you run higher octane fuel (BP Ultimate) it will screw your timing if you havnt adjusted it for it....

Whats the deal?

and one more thing whats valve timing, same thing as valve clearences?

ignition timing is the timing of the dizzy so the correct spark is set at the right point?

• 3 months later...

Quick update as havnt updated for a while.

Engine got fixed few months back.

Running sweet as now...

Got new Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenza RE001 tires 185/60/R14

and Converted the car to manual using my KE70 parts car that I had, now at the dump (RIP).

Also chucked in rear suspension 4kg ###### springs and KYB Excel-G shocks.

Front going to be done soon with AE86 struts, 6KG springs, brand new pads and rotors. Getting it done by Nat at Tyrepower North East Rd.

Should be good for hills thrash after that... although I might get a cam and chuck on my twin SU carbs as it struggles alot up hills... darn 4Ks lol!

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1241165980_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tally