January 24, 200818 yr comment_223004 heres a plan, tell us your budget, skills, tools and time frame and we will tell you what you can achieve... Report
January 24, 200818 yr Author comment_223059 I personally think it is better for someone new to cars/driving to work with something basic for starters, then as they learn more they can decide what option they want to go in the future. Get a 5K in it, sort the suspension / interior / rims etc. Then when that is all done and you come into some money make your decision on what motor you want to go then..Sounds good. :) Report
January 24, 200818 yr Author comment_223061 heres a plan, tell us your budget, skills, tools and time frame and we will tell you what you can achieve... Budget The ke70 I'm buying is 1500. I have $1300 so I still have to borrow money just to afford the car unfortunately. Skills Can check/refill oil and water, brake fluid, washer fluid, etc. Prettttty basic. Hoping to learn more. Tools Not many... my dads ones basically. No engine crane as I've said before - which is probably the biggest obstacle in terms of tools. Time frame Well, I'm a pizza driver. ATM I'm using the red corolla in my sig. as my delivery car. Once I buy the yellow ke70 I could technically keep it in the garage until Dad started getting pissed. Having two cars means paying two regos... so I wouldn't want to have it off the road for too long. Besides, the quicker I sell my red one the quicker I can afford the 4AGE. That's why I was thinking of the 5k conversion... because it's gonna be quicker. Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223062 Go the 5k, I'd rather see someone finish an easier project, than start something very challenging and never finish it. Report
January 24, 200818 yr Author comment_223070 Awesome. :) It's decided then. Haha. Thanks everyone for their input! Without you guys I'd probably be paying $4500 for the wreckers to buy/do a 4AGE conversion. Greatly appreciated. :dance: Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223081 u don't need to own an engine crane kenards hire charges $50 a day and thats plenty off time to take out the old motor and fit the new one did mine by my self no dramas Report
January 24, 200818 yr Author comment_223090 u don't need to own an engine crane kenards hire charges $50 a day and thats plenty off time to take out the old motor and fit the new one did mine by my self no dramasOh that's good, I didn't know that. Cheers. Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223095 Besides, the quicker I sell my red one the quicker I can afford the 4AGE i would say its a good idea to have a stock daily driver, especially if you do an engine conversion. when the conversion is running smoothly for a few weeks then sell the daily if you like, i prefer a daily and a project car myself after years of having only one fast but unreliable car. sometimes you want to go somewhere in style, other times you really just want to get there! Report
January 26, 200818 yr comment_223525 i would say its a good idea to have a stock daily driver, especially if you do an engine conversion.when the conversion is running smoothly for a few weeks then sell the daily if you like, i prefer a daily and a project car myself after years of having only one fast but unreliable car. sometimes you want to go somewhere in style, other times you really just want to get there! +1 if had no car for 5 months thought id finished the conversion today and it decides to blow up keep ur daily man Report
January 26, 200818 yr Author comment_223536 Well I'll take your advice and try and keep it until I put the 5k in. After that if everything's running fine it has to go cause I can use that ~1k to improve wheels/paint/tint windows, etc. Report
January 26, 200818 yr comment_223560 also remember cars are a poor investment. only spend extra cash you have on them, don't borrow money to "do up" a car. Report
January 27, 200818 yr comment_223600 also remember cars are a poor investment. only spend extra cash you have on them, don't borrow money to "do up" a car. thats 100% true Report
February 4, 200818 yr comment_225376 2g is a fair bit for motor+gbox the gbox's can be had for about 250-300 i mean if the motor has been rebuilt then it might be alright, but if its a tired (motor which a fair few of em are) then it might not be worth it Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now