Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

Not bad !

 

What about the rims though?

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

I have resized the pics, but there are well over a hundred and that only covers progress upto Easter Saturday! Where should I put them online??

  • Author

Sorry Rad Rolla, I completely missed your question :hmm: Rims cost $1100 with rubber. Only 5.5 wide, but thats plenty for me.

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

OK, here we go!

 

Stripping Car pt1

 

Stripping Car pt2

 

Stripping Car pt3

 

Stripping Car pt4 (some priming!!)

 

I couldn't be bothered sorting thru them, so... sorry about the amout of pics :hmm:

 

If anyone wants to see bigger copies of any of the pics let me know.

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

Have now sorted the boss kit!

 

Just need the following:

 

Boot lid if possible

67 bootlid trim

Fuel cap

67 parker lights

 

Anyone??

Have now sorted the boss kit!

 

Just need the following:

 

Boot lid if possible

67 bootlid trim

Fuel cap

67 parker lights

 

Anyone??

 

I have a suspicion I saw new parker lenses like yours on ebay some where not too long ago...

  • Author

Yeh there on there, but they want about three times what I'm willing to pay :hmm:

Looking good, thanks for the price :nervous:

Damn double post ! Sorry :nervous:

Edited by Rad Rolla

  • 2 weeks later...

yep, black wheel would look good, too.

 

Mate, seeing as you're in the mood for prompt replies, I have a couple of questions:

 

- How long did it take you to strip the actual paint (ie, not counting pulling the car apart)

- Did you use just the air sander, or did you use chemical stripper as well

- What brand sander and what size compressor?

 

i have some project plans in the works you see haha.

  • Author

Sorry was on lunch until 12:50pm :)

 

Took about 4 days, using paint strippers!! Would have been quicker with a wire wheel :) Only took off 1-3 layers at a time, she had more than 6 on most panels.

 

Sanding was for last little bits.

I haven't got a clue what the compressor or sander where, but had a new reg/ water trap fitted, made a huge difference!

 

I'll get some more info including the brand of stripper that worked the best (we tried 4), next weekend.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.