Silverra23's Ke10

silverra23

Hi guys

Due to a recent change in job, I lost my company car and decided an old school Corolla was going to be the go for my daily transport. After looking at quite a few on ebay and in person, I noticed someone's advice in the wanted posts suggesting Peter Robinson was the man to see... I trundled up there this afternoon and had a chat and am now the proud owner (to be) of this great little car...I will pick it up next week once Peter has got a roadworthy for me.

Specs are all very much one owner granny spec.. K motor, toyoglide 2 speed auto, 4 wheel drums, neat white/cream interior.

Immediate projects:

• Get roadworthy from Peter
  • Repair single tear in drivers seat
  • Have Peter rejet carb to gain better drivability

To do a little further down the track

• Front brake upgrade (KE20 hubs wanted!)
  • Different wheels perhaps
  • A little lowering
  • New carpets, hoodlining and dash top
  • Replace faded lenses when I find better ones

corolla02zf0.jpg

corolla01nw5.jpg

corolla03qw3.jpg

Edited by silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Picked her up today and she is a good 'un! Very happy indeed. Temperature seems to run a bit high, but it probably needs a thermostat, radiator flush and coolant change like every other old toyota I have owned...

So having had a really good look the project list now looks like:

Immediate projects:

Replace thermostat

Flush or recondition radiator

Clean and detail everything.. there is nearly 40 years of grime in there!

Repair single tear in drivers seat

Have Peter rejet carb to gain better drivability

To do a little further down the track

Front brake upgrade (KE20 hubs wanted!)

Different wheels perhaps - superlites?

A little lowering at the front

New carpets, hoodlining and dash top

Replace faded light lenses when I find better ones

I will put up some more pics on the weekend after I have given her a good clean.

Yep 69 model.

Definitely an upgrade... aside from the need to judge the gaps in traffic when pulling out of side streets... she is no power house!

Peter runs a workshop in Melbourne and is a KE Corolla guru from what I can figure out... been playing with them since they were released it would seem.

Edited by silverra23

So today was spent fitting venetians, giving the interior a clean up and replacing theromstat and water pump. Sadly that hasnt fixed the running warm problem, but I reckon its the radiator - one side is hot, one side is cold - typical blocked radiator syndrome. Oh well just got to figure out how I get it reco'ed when I don't have another car to get the radiator from place to place!

Was harder to get grime off the vinyl interior than I thought it would be.. .prepsol and spray and wipe having no real effect. Any one got any suggestions?

Here are some better pics :'(

img5626dc3.jpg

(More pics added when I figure out why they arent working on imageshack!)

Edited by silverra23

• 2 weeks later...

haha

I recognise this beast. My mate looked at buying it for his Girlfriend back when I got my wagon from Pete. Good to see it went to a keen Rolla operator.

Next time you see Pete say hi to him for me (Tom Philbey)

cheers.

• 3 months later...

Update time..

Car was/is up for sale. Funny how putting a for sale sign in the window brings on problems! On Sunday I managed to have terminal engine failure. Lots of oil smoke.. lots of clanging.. and ultimately the K engine cried enough and seized after i had pulled over on the side of the freeway.

Have acquired a low km 4K engine to slip into her. Hopefully things go smoothly and this makes the car a better daily driver!

Will take some photos of the in and out.

Might have to keep her now... decisions decisions...

Not sure what you are after Smeetsy.. the wheels in the photos are the wheels I bought it with... and the only ones I have. Have considered putting original steelies and hubbies on it... might do that when the right set pops up.

Nice pickup, Pete certainly knows his stuff so you went to the right place.

Have you considered a 5k at all ? He drops 5ks into rollas fairly regularly as far

as i know, so could also help you out in that respect as well.

Nice pickup, Pete certainly knows his stuff so you went to the right place.

Have you considered a 5k at all ? He drops 5ks into rollas fairly regularly as far

as i know, so could also help you out in that respect as well.

Talked to him about a 5K but he felt it would not be a nice thing with the 2 speed Toyoglide.

I have acquired a 4K for it that has done minimal km's that will do nicely. Plan on slotting that in on Saturday.

Then it can go back up for sale.