Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New 7k Wagon Project Car

Featured Replies

  • Author

Little birdy told me the other day where there might be a couple more up for sale soon if you want one!?

 

Just in the process of trying to find some accurate info on fitting the 7k. :dance:

  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Views 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

updates?

  • Author

Having a premature baby soon delayed this project from happening mid winter as I planned. Just been using the zuk as a mobile compost bin lately doing some gardening. :) Also take it fishing ever now and then.

 

Finally moved the wagon from my old house to new house a couple of weeks ago. Had been there since May!!! :no2:

7k hadn't been started in over a year and fired straight away. Needs some minor reconditioning done like the fact it has crunchy radiator hoses. :y: Some f@$ker also stole the head unit out of it. Have no idea when.

Took it home via the highway and the 7k pulls very well though. :P

 

So, as much as I don't want to not have a 4x4 over summer I'm thinking I'll try and get stuck into the project after xmas. I've got a couple of weeks of annual leave and january is always my quietist time of year, end up working like 20 hour weeks so the other 20 hours can be spent doing this.

 

Have also had a re-think about how to get the wagon on and off the chassis to make mounts etc. One of my mates is building a race car next year and is going to buy some rotisserie (SP?) stands for it. Before he starts his car we're going to use it for this so we can just wheel it over the side of the chassis suss mounts out and slide it back off. Will just be a lot easier than trying to lift it on and off with chain blocks as originally planned.

  • 5 months later...

Agree with JP, keen to see where you are at with this.

  • Author

Well I'm made some prgress...... just not on this.

There was stuff I needed to get done to other cars over summer before I could move onto this. Had to get the mazda ready for SI rego, which is all done. Also wanted to get another turbo on Tar (cause the T25G was smokey as) and this took nearly 2 months longer than planned as I kept getting screwed around with turbos. I only just got this finished off last weekend and am now running an S14 T28 (the on I used to have on it).

 

So basically I now have everything I wanted done before starting this. :)

 

Next couple of small problems are:

The fact that I lost my work van just before xmas, hence I've actually been using the zuk as a daily driver to work and back, as its so cheap on fuel.

Next issue is how to get the wagon body on top of the chassis. I've sort of scapped the truss box idea. One of my mates in building a shed at the moment to build a race car in. As soon as its built he's buying some goodies to build his car, one of which will be a set of rotisseries stands. I'm thinking of using these so I can have both the wags body and zuk chassis next to each other in the shed. Then to put the body on you just push the body over the top of the chassis and drop it down. Only prob is I just need to wait for him to get the stands.

 

...so that's where I'm at.

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

I wish mate.

 

I've had the missus's POS peugeot in my shed for nearly a couple of months now. Fix one problem find another. :rolls:

 

I did just say to a mate on the weekend when he commented on the whining GB in the Zuk.....

 

"have you put more oil in this GB yet? Bloody hell its getting noisey!"

 

"Nah I don't care about it. Maybe if the GB blows up it'll give me the motivation to start this 4WD project!" :lolcry:

 

I'm getting there. Maybe this summer. :hmm:

haha good work mate sounds like a good way to get motivation!

 

well yeah can't wait to see how this baby turns out

Gotta love corolla wagons ;D just wish there was some down our wayy that arnt rusted out to the maxxx, Be a good car to do my Ls in :DDDD

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.