The New 7k Wagon Project Car

Taz_Rx

I now know why Jip has named his rollas!! :y: because he has so many he needs some better way of indentifying which is which to other people. I'm now starting to get that way as the "old car" and "new car" terms sorta won't cut it with another one!

I think this one needs a name now! so if anybody has any suggestions, shoot!!? ;)

I'm thinking maybe "Suzi", considering whats gunna happen to it. :y:

Anyway, here she is.....

100_1900.jpg

Yes it it a little rough on the outside (rust wise), but I didn't really want a "good" shell for this project. Has a few spots that will be fixed befor reg (its un-registered) like wheel arches, front guards, rain gutters etc.

This is the worst spot, but honestly I not really too worried about fixing it properly, as most of the guards will be cut out and flares put on like the other one (turbo car that is - see what I mean about names hehe), except they'll most likely be 3" rathert than 1".

100_1901.jpg

Interior is pretty good, I'm gunna make up some new panels for the back soon and tidy all of that up. Note the air con controls.....which still works! :yes:

100_1902.jpg

and the best bit......7k power!!! :hmm:

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

Yeah I did pretty well on price......but I can see myself spending several hours with my head in Ben's engine bay over the next few months, so its not like he's gunna loose out!! :) |blink|

Also have a long wheel base sierra lined up which I should be able to get for around $500, and then the fun begins! :hmm:

Oh one last pic....3/4 of my babies!! :P

100_1903.jpg

Edited by Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah mate, they came out carby or EFI.

Currently has a K50, assuming they've just used a normal 3/4/5k flywheel, but can't be sure until it gets pulled out.

When the zuk/rolla thing gets done, I'll put in my W50 with K bell, Stock weight 200mm flywheel and KM20 clutch kit in. |blink|

:S noisey wheel bearings...and I thought the old NA car was bad! :y:

7k goes really well, 1st and second its just like a 4k, but hit 3rd and pulls just like second. haven't got to 4th or 5th yet!

Did some work on her last night, will update with some pics a bit later.

Machg - K's in sierras are nearly a bolt in affair. Plan is a little different to that, lets just say the corolla diffs and steering rack etc won't be used!! :P

Ok, heres some DAY ONE update pics!! :S

Spent the night paying the interior some attention.

Removed the disgusting seat covers.....to find that the car has nearly immaculate stock seats!!!! :y: Only 1 little ciggy burn in the drivers seat......

100_1907.jpg

100_1908.jpg

Cleaned out the boot. Absolutely no rust in the floor, only along the bottom of the tail gate. Fixed up the mat, and just gave it a general tidy.....

100_1909.jpg

As the missus is going to drive it for a little while once its registered, I put her JVC stez in :P Just used some carpeted rings to cover the 6" holes, as her speakers are 5.25".....

100_1904.jpg

100_1905.jpg

Also put in another dash cluster as the speedo needle wavered, but it still is, so I think its just a knackered cable.

Also took some pics of the modified sump just for you Cam! :sob:

100_1910.jpg

100_1911.jpg

I told you it was in reasonable nick........ I'd leave the speedo thing.......... It shows 80 AND 105 when your doing 135!! Good fun! :S

You have to try 4th in it, it still pulls nearly as hard through 4th as in 3rd.......... Crazy torques.......lol. 5th slows it down a bit tho.......

Name suggestion: Frankenwagon? FRS? <-----Fast Rusty Shoebox........ :P

ATW! <------ All Terrain Wagon! I like that one...... Looking good Si, interested to see how quick you finish the 55 to get started on this properly....... :y:

Only restrictions are financial!!! :S

You know I've got the motivation and know how to finish both....maybe I need some sort of corolla sponsor!!! :y:

Hopefully it won't be too rusty by the time it turns 4 wheels. :sob: Maybe ATW.....there's an idea, I could put some Tercel "4wd corolla" badges on it!

Jip - If you were a litlle closer to me I would swap you seats with a cash adjustment!! There's a high possibilty these will get very dirty and a rip or 2. I don't particularly want to stuff really good seats, but I will be putting 'not so gay' seat covers back on to protect them. :P