The New 7k Wagon Project Car

Taz_Rx

I pretty much now decided on names for the rollas!!!....

......TAR, DIRT, and MUD :wink:, most should already be able to work out which is which.

Got frustrated with the ECU in Tar the other day so started doing this.......

Yummy!!!

0301081606-00.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

Small update for Mud:

Now that Tar is "finished" I keen as to start on this conversion.

Have looked at 2 LWB sierra's in the last week. One was last night, was a very old one with no rego, rusted out body etc, but came with heaps of spares: Both diffs, transfer case, GB and more. And was like $350-$400 but somebody is supposed to be picking it up on Saturday, sellers is going to call me Sunday morning if it doesn't go.

Other one is a private sale by a family freind. Much later (83 I think) model, good body & tray, rego till June next year!! Considering its good condition I reckon I'll take it for $1500! :P Probably drive it as is for the summer (might also fit the 7k and W50 in it) for camping/fishing trips etc, then kick the body off it in autumn next year.

Good thing about the sierra being registered is I'll also be looking at rego'ing it as a 'Re-bodied Sierra' rather than a 4x4 converted ke36.

With hopefully have pics of either one in my backyard in the next week or two. :jamie:

Fkn awesome, will be great to see this thing when it's done, give me a yell if you'd like some dumb muscle to help, you do the technical thinky things and I'll bash stuff with rocks and hammers and throw things......... :jamie:

But seriously, if you'd like a hand, reach for the phone........

The plan is to do a weekend working bee with a few people, couple of welders, grinders etc etc.

Also planning on building a 3m cubed "tri truss" structure sort of like this one below (I hire/build these), that we can hang the wagon body from on some chain block and push the chassis in and out from underneith it.

Have a team starting at the back and one from the front, and hopefully by the time the weekend is over they've met in the middle. :jamie:

lightgantry2.jpg

I am very interested in how this turns out. As my dad has owned suzies all his life and i have always likes them too. And i have also looked into a 7k conversion.

It would be funny watching people as you climb up big arse hills etc that big heavy patrols, landcruiser etc can't get up and people are like WTF...its a corolla inst it?

Keep us updated :jamie:

Small update for Mud:

Now that Tar is "finished" I keen as to start on this conversion.

Have looked at 2 LWB sierra's in the last week. One was last night, was a very old one with no rego, rusted out body etc, but came with heaps of spares: Both diffs, transfer case, GB and more. And was like $350-$400 but somebody is supposed to be picking it up on Saturday, sellers is going to call me Sunday morning if it doesn't go.

Other one is a private sale by a family freind. Much later (83 I think) model, good body & tray, rego till June next year!! Considering its good condition I reckon I'll take it for $1500! :P Probably drive it as is for the summer (might also fit the 7k and W50 in it) for camping/fishing trips etc, then kick the body off it in autumn next year.

Good thing about the sierra being registered is I'll also be looking at rego'ing it as a 'Re-bodied Sierra' rather than a 4x4 converted ke36.

With hopefully have pics of either one in my backyard in the next week or two. :jamie:

Bastard LWB ones are so god dam hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!! But let me know when you get it and you can come along with the zuki crew for some mud runs! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Update: The old one didn't sell, guy called me like a day after I told the other guy I'd buy his but not worried about that.....

....because I picked this up on Friday!! :jamie: Its actually a 94 model with the Mugato (SP?) 1000cc motor. But jeez its slow! Think I might really have to chuck the 7k and w50 in real soon. :no2: I think I did pretty well for $1300 considering its still got rego till June!! :yes:

post-1315-1229215546_thumb.jpg

Apart from its sluggishness its pretty good. Basically no rust in the body or chassis. Needs a good clean up, which I should get to today and I'll take some more piccies.

In the mean time I'm trying to find some good, reliable info on how to do the usual K into a sierra conversion if anybody knows where I can find it? Leigh?

Well just spent about the last 3 and half hours cleaning the new zuk. I have dicided that the guy who owned it befor me was a disgusting pic with no sense of personal hygene, and I highly doubt he every washed, vacuumed or Armoralled it the whole time he owned it. :jamie:

I gave the outside a good was, cleaned the engine bay up a bit, vacuum and wiped/scubber/armoralled the interior, cleaned all of the glass, evicted about 50 spiders! - Seriously you should have seen them all come out when I first spayed the car!! :no2:

Anyway, here's a couple of piccies...

Befor

post-1315-1229242188_thumb.jpg

...and after

post-1315-1229242228_thumb.jpg

Befor

post-1315-1229242264_thumb.jpg

...and after

post-1315-1229242296_thumb.jpg

Still need to do a bit more cleaning (might pull the seats *and bungs*) out and get in the cab with a bucket of soapy water - yes it is that bad! And obviuously get a set of seat covers, then I'll be a bit happier.

Edited by Taz_Rx