Whats Under Your Bonnet ?

Doogs

Members dont see this ad

i picked up one disassembled for 100 bucks.

Given some of the crazy prices seen here, that might be considered expensive: But at least I know what knick the internals are in and I can rebuild as I see fit.

This is a fantastic thread by the way, given that I'm deliberating over where to spend my money on the aforementioned rebuild!

philbey, do you know where pete robinson sources his 5ks?

Or even a good wreckers in melbourne for them ?

I have been down to centre road wreckers, but they only had 1 KE20 and

that was it rolla wise.

Better still, where did you get yours ?

Edited by Rad Rolla

No idea where pete gets them from, but I think talking to him in the past he knows an importer or something. Last time I got a price from him, It was about 600 or similar, which I thought I could improve on.

kangaroosa might know more though.

Theres two Toyota import joints to try: one on Chesterville road, Moorabbin, and theres one on Edelmaier street Bayswater (Generally expensive)

As for mine - I got it off here. There have been some good deals on them come up in the last few months, so watch those sale threads and you will need to be quick.

Thanks coln72,

I just discovered toyrolla spares last night and will ring them

at some stage to see what they have got. If not i will visit the local wreckers.

Toyrolla spares

I am now interested in putting on a 3k-b twincarb setup and so will see

if toyrolla can get them in.

Anyone have experience with these ?

Hi,

Twin carby setups are NICE. I find good throttle response and allows a lot more air flow and motors become more responsive.. There nice.

BUT Air filters not made for them now and to buy a setup with the original air filter box RARE as rocking horse poo. I have 2 setups int eh shed one with airfilter box but mmm crabbie carbies and then another complete original big port setup minus air filter box.

Now if you run extractors the 4th cylinder runner usually hits the water cooling inlet line to the manifold so a lot of twin carby setups have this water line ground off from past owners. Hard to find a set untouched. but pacemaker extractors 4-1 for K motors I find down hit this water inlet so you can get extractors that wont touch.

Also Linkages I can send you pics if you get stuck on how to assemble BUT if you don't get linkages with the carbies you will find it hard I can't find them anywhere as I'm missing 1 linkage part off one of my setups and can't find them.

Also in my KE15 original setup the carbies have a slightly smaller needle and seat in the carby. The replacement needle and seat you can buy for twin carby setups is the larger size. I had a few teething issues with replacing my seats but I got there eventually with a mix of different parts so this can also cause issues.

BUT if you want get 2 normal carbies easier for parts and a single carby has bigger jets in them. Run 2 of these on the twin manifold for a bit more grunt also.

Cameron