7k Into Ke70

KE70 4K DX ON ACID

Members dont see this ad

I've driven a KE36 wagon with a 7K and 5 speed in it, and it hauls.........

about 10-15 extra horsepowers, and an extra 40-45 torques, mate it to a 5 speed and you'll feel the difference straight away.........

You will need to mod the sump, besides that I *think* (don't quote me) that it should bolt right in........ Maybe it needs different engine mounts, don't know.

Hit Tas-Rx up, he has the wagon now, he should be able to tell you more than I ever could.

Good luck with it.......

Hi,

Not 100% true taz.....

7K mounts look the same as roller ones BUT there a tad shorter to compensate for the wider block. So if you get a 7K YOU WILL NEED the 7K mounts with it. If you get 7K mounts then it will bolt into a K crossmember in a sedan. As they have thinner mounts to compensate.

Also you need to modify the sump to fit.

So if you want to bolt it in all you need to do is cut weld sump and drop in with 7K mounts EASY

So taz there the same looking but if you pull yours out you will find there slightly different look nearly 100% the same but..lol

Cameron

• 1 month later...
Much difference in power from a 4k?

In a straight line drag between my mates 4K KE70 4sp and my 5K KE55 5sp, by end of 2nd gear I'm already half a length infront, and by end of third, I'm one and a half lengths infront, by fifth its not even a contest. Great little motor the 5K.

Where the heck did someone track a 7K down anyways? My 5K was from Japan

Thought I'd drop my two cents worth in....

The 7K flywheel and clutch will not fit in a K bell housing, trust me I tried every avenue and it just wont happen, unless you remove metal from the inside of the box, and after that you wont have any adjustment, because the throw out bearing rests on the pressure plate. You must use the 4k clutch/flywheel

Also, I don't know if this will be the same for KE70 as it was for my 30, but the heater outlet pipes are smaller on the car than on the engine, and mine is carb'd, so there is f@$k all room for fitting up heater lines, which might not matter to some, but it is annoying.

Put it this way, its not a bolt in like some would have you believe, and 7K engines are easily obtained, but shop around, as I paid way too much for mine, in hindsight.

Edited by Rollaboy2608

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Not 100% true taz.....

7K mounts look the same as roller ones BUT there a tad shorter to compensate for the wider block. So if you get a 7K YOU WILL NEED the 7K mounts with it. If you get 7K mounts then it will bolt into a K crossmember in a sedan. As they have thinner mounts to compensate.

Also you need to modify the sump to fit.

So if you want to bolt it in all you need to do is cut weld sump and drop in with 7K mounts EASY

So taz there the same looking but if you pull yours out you will find there slightly different look nearly 100% the same but..lol

Cameron

Does this apply to all rollas?, as theres 3?, different engine mounts over the rolla range. The reason

i asked is that you can buy the 7K KR42R engine mounts brand new from toyota , they are $150 trade

for the pair, but would save a lot of hours of work and be cheaper to buy if they worked in my ke10

cheers

darren