Roo's Ke70

Roo

she so pig now with the primer spots

1-6.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

when i put the radiator in and put my battery in the boot i will show you the engine bay

after i get this on the road it going down to the panel beater to fix the rust spots and paint them, i don't really want to respray the whole car as the paint is good enough for me.

also got some meshies for it, nothing exciting but i can't really see the point in paying 2-3 as much for a extra inch or 2 of dish. I'm getting the centres powder coated so what colour should i do them, i don't like black so i was thinking gold

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i am still waiting for my radiator, i thought i put one of my old excel radiators in the car that i had in my shed in

idle when cool is nice but misses every now and again

then once up it come up to temp it turned into a monster

idle was now bouncing between 1000-3000rpm

once you get going it keeps the bouncing up so it starts bunny hopping :eatlead:

the throttle seem to stick

its was a scary ass drive

but once it above 3000rpm it a machine pulled hard

hmm think i might take it to a mechanic and get it all running nice can't be bother stuffing around with it anymore

Edited by Roo

The cause for the hunting idle could be from water pockets in the cooling system (not blead properly), throttle position sensor, stuffed map sensor or the auxiliary air valve control thing. Those are the main causes for a hunting idle.

If you've just blocked the auxiliary air valve tubes up, you'll still need to block the holes up otherwise you'll get a very high idle (mine was about 3-4krpms).

Try fixing those things up and see if it stops. My hunting was from wrongly tuned TPS.

The cause for the hunting idle could be from water pockets in the cooling system (not blead properly), throttle position sensor, stuffed map sensor or the auxiliary air valve control thing. Those are the main causes for a hunting idle.

If you've just blocked the auxiliary air valve tubes up, you'll still need to block the holes up otherwise you'll get a very high idle (mine was about 3-4krpms).

Try fixing those things up and see if it stops. My hunting was from wrongly tuned TPS.

yea i think it might be the cooling system, i kind of just put water in the radiator and took it for a spin :dance:

I connect or block off every vaccum hose so its can't be that

I'm thinking cooling system as it only went to shit when the thermostat opened up

don't think so, it was on the gold coast in palm beach across from the police station

heh ok wrong one, it was white and had similar wheels on the front and the same ones on the back sitting low at the back just like yours.

Had NSW plates on it, i remeber driving past everyday thinking when is he gonna get defected. Its not there anymore hehe

Nice car man, keep us updated with the progress :dance:

heh ok wrong one, it was white and had similar wheels on the front and the same ones on the back sitting low at the back just like yours.

Had NSW plates on it, i remeber driving past everyday thinking when is he gonna get defected. Its not there anymore hehe

Nice car man, keep us updated with the progress :dance:

ok yea my was stock standard when i picked it up, had stocko steelies, shit height, covered in shit

yea hopeful fix the idle problem today then go for a spin to my mates then a bit of a skid

pretty sure my map sensor is causing the idle to hunt, when i pull it out idles with no hunting plug it back in and back to hunting it goes

Edited by Roo

got my radiator and put it in, works well just need to wire up the thermo fan

4agze-1.jpg

still hunting, pretty sure its the snorkel that leaking cause it to have a bouncey idle

other then that its sweet as, just running 10psi so hopefully with this leak fixed it will get to 12psi

its so easy to skid, just tap the gas and out she steps

Edited by Roo

looks tough.. spray your headlight soroundings black, would look good on your car.

yea i thought about it, but if I'm going to get it done i will get it powder coated i hate when paint goes bad, i put my crappy broke ass front bar back on :sob:

drove it to my mate place goes good, still got to work out my rear suspension and get this thing sitting higher

post-4787-1219053015_thumb.jpg

:sob: Driving around on the bump stops is insane.

I wouldn't recommend Sierra shocks, I personally find them to be too harsh with falcons. They're alright, but if I were to get shocks again, it wouldn't be Sierras. :wink: A few people seem to be happy with them though.

:sob: Driving around on the bump stops is insane.

I wouldn't recommend Sierra shocks, I personally find them to be too harsh with falcons. They're alright, but if I were to get shocks again, it wouldn't be Sierras. :wink: A few people seem to be happy with them though.

lol its not on bumpstops, i got cut stocko with trd greens