Roo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

close to finishing my fuel setup just need to get some relays and its finished.

i decided that i didnt want the surgetank and pumps in the boot as it looks abit messy and didnt want and trouble from the 5 0

so i mounted it all under the car, the surgetank is 1L and fits prefect, its being feed by a vl lifter pump then vl high pressure pump goes to fuel rail. I'm also mounting the fuel filter in the engine bay so it easy to replace.

undercarsurgetank2.jpg

undercarsurgetank.jpg

i also replace the rear main seal, timing belt and tensior and both fan belts

I'm waiting on a sandwhich plate and oil filter adopator then going to drop it in :lolcry:

• 4 weeks later...
Great progress Andrew. That cars gonna be lush. The undercar surge setup is awesome. Wheres the tank from?

not sure, got it from egay for cheap, just happened to fit in there perfect

just got to source a ca/rb radiator

cool as man i'm doing same thing but turbo

looks wicked man

110%

yea i will probs go turbo, not sure.

found out my intank fuel pump is working :fuzz: put it back in the tank and still no luck seems that it can't pump the fuel to the surge tank for some reason its funny when i tested it it seem to have good pressure

Try purging it somehow. Easy way is obviously just giving it a suck....but this normally results in a mouthful of fuel. =) 8| Once you've got all the air of of the line you should be right. :P

finally got it :fuzz: had my intank pump wired the wrong way, + to -, - to + so it was pushing air into my tank switched it around and it started sucking and strayed my fuel all over me and my garage (not fun)

here is my pump in the tank, i think it got pretty good pick up as thats under a quarter full

post-4787-1216640363_thumb.jpg

now to put the dam tank back in

hopefully kick it over tomorrow

haha that'd do it. I did think if suggesting that, but didn't think you'd be so silly!! :fuzz:

lol I can't believe i did that (slaps head) that the first thing i did was check the wireing but didnt check if the + and - were correct

• 2 weeks later...

ok she is running woot, havent got the exhaust yet so she is running just extractors took 20seconds for the neighbour to come over and tell me to turn it off :bash:

will get some pics of her tomorrow looks so mean