Sr20det Into A Corolla Ke55?

78_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't knock the old ETs to much. they went alright for what they are, in their day.

there is one in a Zoom mag i have. 212kw at wheels and a high 11 sec quarter. 1500cc E15T single cammer, with ACL duralite pistons.

Actually I have to admit, there was 1 ET turbo I was ever impressed with. It was my mates Sapphire Blue (ET5000) that ran a high 12 seconds off the standard turbo!!!! He had everything just about done to the engine on this, from pistons to crank, cams, lifters, the head, valves and svalve prings, gearbox, the works.... he didn't have the time to get a hi flow T25 and by then, he sold it.

That car boogied and actually got me into ETs for a while there.

But anyways... back on topic

So, is anybody gonna fit an SR20DET and show pics or what????

Edited by Tiger

admittedly, an exa turbo was the most insane feeling turbo car i've been in. something to do with the absolute lack of front traction and the fact you can handbrake it easily. but they're still slow shitboxes :thumbsup:

doug's comment speaks volumes for the quality of the metal in ACL pistons, compared to stock pistons 20+ years ago. wow :(

Save the CA18DET for ET Turbo conversions.

You really wanna impress me though.. have the full GTiR running gear in a rolla. Yep, all wheel drivetrain and all :) Major bash work to the floor I'd imagine... but how fun would that be.. An all wheel drive rolla! :(

why? its mounted transverse...

And after all that work...it'll still be a corolla :thumbsup:

And at 1210kg my bet is the GTiR will come out lighter....

True... True....

Oh well, it's just a crazy thought, as you may have figured out by now most of mine are crazy thoughts. Some may work, others are just ludachrist!

Usually, all a mad scientist needs to hear is a crazy thought from some forum and he'll be busy for the next years or so working on a beast!:thumbsup: hahaha

I'm just reading a Zoom Magazine (Issue 87) and it has on the cover from Insight Motorsport in Arndell Park NSW, a KE20 Corolla with an SR20DET conversion. If no one has seen this, I will scan pics for all to see, as it is a damn clean vehicle! A neat install and it has the plates WLD-02T... and for a DAMN GOOD REASON!!!

2 actually!

1st off... 320BHP at the rear wheels (238kw @ 1.31 bar)

2ndly... 11.3 seconds @ 120mph!!!!!!

I may have to start saving my pennies... ME LIKES THIS MOTOR!!! hahahaha.

Well he has a T3/T4 turbo on it, Turbosmart 45mm external wastegate, 3" exhaust, cooler, BOV, VL turbo fuel pumps, XF throttle body, 1000cc injectors, custom fuel rail, eletric water pump and a few more goodies, but he hasn't done the internals at all apparently.

Best part of it all... street legal!!!!