Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

Featured Replies

  • Author

Not so far.. you thinking better cooling or something else?

  • Replies 170
  • Views 293.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Here are some pics taken from yesterday's track day. Shows me how far I am off line some times lol...

 

Loaded up and ready to go to Winton

 

img6900yj9.jpg

 

Nervously waiting for my first run

 

img6954wi9.jpg

 

On track

 

img6956st0.jpg

 

Getting harassed by a quick $700 Falcon!

 

img6960ic0.jpg

 

Too slow for the camera hehe

 

img6961dk3.jpg

 

On it!

 

img6962pu1.jpg

 

Almost too fast for the camera hehe

 

img6969wc0.jpg

 

Getting on line

 

img6974qp3.jpg

 

Any one seen an apex around here??

 

img6979re5.jpg

 

Are those the whites of my eyes?

 

img6980wa6.jpg

 

This seemed to be the line even though it looks a long way off in this shot...

 

img7042mf0.jpg

Edited by silverra23

  • Author

Arty shot in the pits

 

img6990fy9.jpg

 

Up on the jack to check the brakes.. lucky I did!

 

img6994hq1.jpg

 

Here is a quick compilation of some dodgy video taken of me...apologies for the photos taken in the middle of them.. girlfriend didnt know how to use the camera properly hehe.

 

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WceDVEHAY

Edited by silverra23

Sounds and looks good mate. Have any problems or relatively hassle free?

  • Author

Ran out of brake pads after two sessions (ie checked them after the end of the session and found they wouldnt go another one) and an alternator bolt came loose.

 

Thats it so pretty happy really!

  • Author

Update - put the car on a hoist at work on Saturday and its amazing the things you find when you can have a proper look!

 

There was a weird rotational vibration going through the left hander at the back of the circuit..

 

That would have been caused by a lack of bolts holding the gearbox to the cross member I reckon, allowing the whole thing to shift in the trans tunnel! The witness marks on the tailshaft is testament to that... d'oh!

 

Worked out the brake calipers/pads are off a KE70. No idea why they used these back in the early 90's when the car was built, they are seriously not any bigger than the pads out of the standard KE35. Oh well, working on getting something better to go in there.

 

3 weeks to go until the 6 hour at Winton!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Here is the livery in all (well almost all) its glory. Looking forward to Winton this weekend!

 

img7238ws3.jpg

 

img7237vv4.jpg

 

img7236kb2.jpg

 

img7235bt1.jpg

 

img7234op0.jpg

 

img7233lq7.jpg

 

Signwriter cut the roof stripes too short so he is coming back tomorrow to do them.

 

If I had my time again I would make the side logos bigger, and the bonnet stripe longer, but its pretty damned good as it is!

 

Really looking forward to Winton this weekend.

that looks fcuken tops Adam!

  • Author

Thanks for the compliments, I am stoked! And yes it is great fun to drive!

  • Author

Well I am home from Winton and had a great weekend.

 

Did about 30 laps in my first stint. Went much faster than the benchmark I had set myself (my target time was 1.54 but I did a string of 51, 52 and even a 50!) Not so good for our handicap result as a team, but heaps of fun. There was lots of traffic - porsches, mustangs, a cobra, so it was a challenge racing with all the traffic.

 

Only had one mechanical problem.. unfortunatetly its potentially a biggie.. oil pressure light came on a couple of times like it was surging, then was on lots. Hopefully I haven't hurt it too much but it will need some investigation. Oh and the diff is now noisey as so I might install an LSD instead of the locker.

 

Here are a couple of pics

 

mainstraightxl5.png

 

trafficoh5.png

 

turn1and2cw6.png

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Here are a couple more photos courtesy of Rinmax from Toymods.

 

imgp0852largemediumqq9.jpg

 

imgp0853smallfi1.jpg

 

And the team of guys I ran with

 

winton6hr2008005ih1jc8.jpg

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Update time.. for the first time in months I had a good look at the car.

 

Oil pressure light wasn't the oil pressure light at all. When I traced the wire back to the light I discovered that what I thought was the oil pressure warning light was actually the alternator light. D'oh! Best I label them me thinks.

 

Anyways a fiddle with the wiring on the alternator made the light go away, so all good on that front.

 

Pulled the axles and diff centre out so I can replace all the bearings. While I am there I think I might fit the RT142 corona rear discs I have for her.. seems like the ideal time really.

Just read your whole thread.

 

Looks like a wicked little beast you have there. Top job :|

 

I will definatly be watching this space!!

 

CHEERS

Ryan

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Off to Phillip Island on Sunday for a Sprint meeting. Should be lots of fun, though am quietly sh*tting myself as its a damned fast track. Hope the old girl behaves herself!

 

Didn't end up putting the rear discs on, decided I would leave it as is for this meeting so its a known quantity. Will post some pics up after the weekend.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.