August 31, 200818 yr Author comment_271453 hey whats that car hiding in the corner of your shed? a silver ra23 celica that needs restoring. good body and interior but oxidised paint..one day it will happen :fuzz: Report
September 20, 200818 yr Author comment_276221 Saturday has been productive.. Oil changed, but stuffed if I can get to the oil filter. Can anyone with a 2TG give any tips to getting to the filter to get it off? Brakes all checked and good to go. Wheels with new tyres back on. Worked out why the wipers weren't working (Plugged in wrong!) Air filters fitted - the back one doesn't really have enough space and pushed up against the brake lines. I am guessing this is not ideal! Cover plate fitted over the giant hole in the floor for the gearshifter. Wiring is now all cable tied up along the tunnel rather than sikaflexed to the floor. Foil taped all the holes in the floor. Not much left to do now for my track day Sunday week. I will bleed the brakes and clutch with the help of a lovely blonde assistant tomorrow (after she makes me go to see a muppet movie lol). Needs a good clean inside again too which I will do on Sunday as well. Monday I will drive it down to get a dyno tune (organised an unregistered vehicle permit so I could do this) to hopefully getting it running well! Here is a pic of the engine bay with the strut brace in place. Here is the interior with all the roll cage padding in place. I invested in a piece of the expensive and very dense FIA roll cage padding for the diagonal bar above the seat, as its rather close to the top of the seat and therefore the back of my helmet. Might have to look at moving the seat a bit further forward at some point I think. Report
September 22, 200818 yr Author comment_276496 So the fun begins with the dyno tune.. So far we have: 1. way too rich on the idle circuit (that would explain why I couldnt get it to idle below 1500 rpm!) 2. too rich when cruising 3. ignition system breaking down at 5000 rpm so electronic ignition will fix point 3, then they can attack points 1 and 2.. hmmm the efi manifold sitting on workmate's bench is looking more interesting by the minute!! Report
September 22, 200818 yr comment_276522 Car looks cool, its going to look shit hot when you get the stickers on it. What part of melbourne are you from? Report
September 22, 200818 yr Author comment_276532 Car looks cool, its going to look shit hot when you get the stickers on it.What part of melbourne are you from? se suburbs - not far from the corolla guru Report
September 25, 200818 yr comment_277151 Shit yeah :dance: Looking tops at the moment mate, when can we expect to see the stickers on it? And how many KW was it putting out on the dyno? Report
September 25, 200818 yr Author comment_277156 Stickers will be some time in the next few weeks. Got a track day on Sunday that I will do first, then if the $$ still sit in my pocket after that they can go on. Haven't had a power run yet on the dyno as they are still dealing with some of the issues from earlier in the week. Hopefully will know tomorrow. Report
September 26, 200818 yr Author comment_277405 Back from the dyno and driving a whole lot better.. still needs work, but should be good enough for the drive day on Sunday at Winton. Now has electronic ignition, up a heat range in plugs (BP6ES), plug gap of 1.0mm, different (smaller) idle and main jets. Need to replace the soft mounts and the rubbers around the screw mounts on the Webers. Made a massive 67.4kw at the rear wheels. Rocket ship!! :yes: Report
September 26, 200818 yr comment_277508 Back from the dyno and driving a whole lot better.. still needs work, but should be good enough for the drive day on Sunday at Winton. Now has electronic ignition, up a heat range in plugs (BP6ES), plug gap of 1.0mm, different (smaller) idle and main jets. Need to replace the soft mounts and the rubbers around the screw mounts on the Webers. Made a massive 67.4kw at the rear wheels. Rocket ship!! :yes: is that out of standard displacement? compression? cam timing? very good if so. Report
September 26, 200818 yr Author comment_277512 is that out of standard displacement? compression? cam timing? very good if so. as far as i am aware its standard displacement and compression etc.. suppsoed to have TRD cams inside her, but I havent opened it up to have a look... i actually thought it would do better.. you reckon those figures are good do you? Report
September 26, 200818 yr comment_277523 A touch low I would have thought. ( I had a 3K producing that.) The last time mine was o a dyno it was 87kw. (1600cc, fresh Webers, cams, and a fairly fresh motor.) I've got no ideas at the mo, but that's a guide. Report
September 28, 200818 yr Author comment_277739 Home now. Ian from Toymods is a top bloke for lending me his trailer and giving me a beer on its return. I am sure its meant to be the other way! Anyways track day was fun. Only managed two sessions before the brake pads completely evaporated. Will have to take spares and actually put something in it that is up to the grunt of the mighty Corolla! Best time of 1.53.39. More to come in driver and car if I want. Only other problem was an alternator bolt trying to climb into the fan, but no damage done. Will posts some pics later. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now