Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics taken from yesterday's track day. Shows me how far I am off line some times lol...

Loaded up and ready to go to Winton

img6900yj9.jpg

Nervously waiting for my first run

img6954wi9.jpg

On track

img6956st0.jpg

Getting harassed by a quick $700 Falcon!

img6960ic0.jpg

Too slow for the camera hehe

img6961dk3.jpg

On it!

img6962pu1.jpg

Almost too fast for the camera hehe

img6969wc0.jpg

Getting on line

img6974qp3.jpg

Any one seen an apex around here??

img6979re5.jpg

Are those the whites of my eyes?

img6980wa6.jpg

This seemed to be the line even though it looks a long way off in this shot...

img7042mf0.jpg

Edited by silverra23

Arty shot in the pits

img6990fy9.jpg

Up on the jack to check the brakes.. lucky I did!

img6994hq1.jpg

Here is a quick compilation of some dodgy video taken of me...apologies for the photos taken in the middle of them.. girlfriend didnt know how to use the camera properly hehe.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WceDVEHAY

Edited by silverra23

Update - put the car on a hoist at work on Saturday and its amazing the things you find when you can have a proper look!

There was a weird rotational vibration going through the left hander at the back of the circuit..

That would have been caused by a lack of bolts holding the gearbox to the cross member I reckon, allowing the whole thing to shift in the trans tunnel! The witness marks on the tailshaft is testament to that... d'oh!

Worked out the brake calipers/pads are off a KE70. No idea why they used these back in the early 90's when the car was built, they are seriously not any bigger than the pads out of the standard KE35. Oh well, working on getting something better to go in there.

3 weeks to go until the 6 hour at Winton!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the livery in all (well almost all) its glory. Looking forward to Winton this weekend!

img7238ws3.jpg

img7237vv4.jpg

img7236kb2.jpg

img7235bt1.jpg

img7234op0.jpg

img7233lq7.jpg

Signwriter cut the roof stripes too short so he is coming back tomorrow to do them.

If I had my time again I would make the side logos bigger, and the bonnet stripe longer, but its pretty damned good as it is!

Really looking forward to Winton this weekend.

Well I am home from Winton and had a great weekend.

Did about 30 laps in my first stint. Went much faster than the benchmark I had set myself (my target time was 1.54 but I did a string of 51, 52 and even a 50!) Not so good for our handicap result as a team, but heaps of fun. There was lots of traffic - porsches, mustangs, a cobra, so it was a challenge racing with all the traffic.

Only had one mechanical problem.. unfortunatetly its potentially a biggie.. oil pressure light came on a couple of times like it was surging, then was on lots. Hopefully I haven't hurt it too much but it will need some investigation. Oh and the diff is now noisey as so I might install an LSD instead of the locker.

Here are a couple of pics

mainstraightxl5.png

trafficoh5.png

turn1and2cw6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update time.. for the first time in months I had a good look at the car.

Oil pressure light wasn't the oil pressure light at all. When I traced the wire back to the light I discovered that what I thought was the oil pressure warning light was actually the alternator light. D'oh! Best I label them me thinks.

Anyways a fiddle with the wiring on the alternator made the light go away, so all good on that front.

Pulled the axles and diff centre out so I can replace all the bearings. While I am there I think I might fit the RT142 corona rear discs I have for her.. seems like the ideal time really.

• 5 weeks later...

Off to Phillip Island on Sunday for a Sprint meeting. Should be lots of fun, though am quietly sh*tting myself as its a damned fast track. Hope the old girl behaves herself!

Didn't end up putting the rear discs on, decided I would leave it as is for this meeting so its a known quantity. Will post some pics up after the weekend.