Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

Featured Replies

Wicked 35 mate, will be great when shes back in action :lolcry:

Will have to come down and have a look when shes on the track again.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 293.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Christ, I think I wrote an article in the edition.......

 

As you probably already know, the celica and corolla were run as a sort of 2 car team. I always liked the corolla more. :lolcry:

 

Ahh the history eh :yes: I didn't know that they ran as a team, though guessed there was an association based on the liveries and the photo. The boys on toymods were wondering where the Celica might have ended up.. any ideas?

Yep. The Rose's were part owners of BGT brake and clutch in Hawthorn. The Celica was owned by a father and son who were panel beaters, and good mates with the Roses. I don't know where the Celica ended up, but when I'm back in the country again I can do some finding out. One thing is for certain is that it will never see the road again. It had a serious Jenny Craig diet, so odds are that it's still a race car somewhere.

 

The Cars ran in the Quin Sprint series through the Mid 90's as well as alot of other club sprints. I don't think they were ever in the state race series.

 

Are you a member of TCCA?

 

Cheers

 

Rob

So did this car race in the ATCC? If so you should return it to it's original racing livery and specs. How's progress going?

  • Author
Yep. The Rose's were part owners of BGT brake and clutch in Hawthorn. The Celica was owned by a father and son who were panel beaters, and good mates with the Roses. I don't know where the Celica ended up, but when I'm back in the country again I can do some finding out. One thing is for certain is that it will never see the road again. It had a serious Jenny Craig diet, so odds are that it's still a race car somewhere.

 

The Cars ran in the Quin Sprint series through the Mid 90's as well as alot of other club sprints. I don't think they were ever in the state race series.

 

Are you a member of TCCA?

 

Cheers

 

Rob

 

I am a member of the TCCA - club doesnt appear to be very strong currently which is a bit sad, but I am one of a few who turns up to each meeting. Only joined two months ago.

 

78_7kRolla - car has always been a club car, not run in an ATCC event. It goes in to get painted this weekend so progress is good...

  • Author

Sadly my painter can't get on to the old girl this weekend.. so we are aiming for later in the week. Fingers crossed!

 

A good friend has created the livery for me.. I love it!

 

08tsnrcarwb5.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Update time.. painting is still on hold.. nearly ready to bite the bullet and pay someone to do it.

 

In the mean time I have done a few bits and pieces. First job was to give the seat rails some attention. The previous owner didnt have a nut on all 4 mounting bolts as the stud came through too close to the seat slider. Gave that some relief with the trusty Ozito knock off Dremel tool, gave her a coat of jam and its good as gold.

 

img6521io0.jpg

 

img6522mx5.jpg

 

Once it was all back together I bolted it in the car, and then fitted my new ERG 6 point harness with 3 inch belts. Red to go with the new paint scheme... if it ever comes!

 

img6523os1.jpg

 

Also have been on the acquisition path... I bought this corona brake upgrade package from Bigworm on toymods a while ago...

 

img6524ga6.jpg

 

Which means I will need 14 inch wheels (shame as I do love the jelly beans!).. so I bought these off Gilly on the AE86 Driving Club forum... hopefully they arrive this week...I think they will suit the theme of the car well... probably will take them to a wheel place and get them polished and painted etc...

 

post2091212657222te2.jpg

 

Which means I am now after some 14 inch race tyres.. which I am working on at the moment.

 

I probably will run it with the 13" wheels and tyres and stock brakes for its first run or two.. and then upgrade when I am looking for a bit more in the car rather than me!

 

Thats all :lolcry:

Good to see your enthusiasm for the car. I was hoping the person who bought this would put it to good use :lolcry:

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Update - she just left for the painters on the back of a tilt tray. Hopefully in a few weeks I am screwing her back together and it will be time to have some fun!

 

Still looking for some 14 inch race rubber, but haven't been looking very hard. Will do that when its back from the painters. Target to be on the track is a track day on September 28 and then the Winton 6 hour in October.

Update - she just left for the painters on the back of a tilt tray. Hopefully in a few weeks I am screwing her back together and it will be time to have some fun!

 

Still looking for some 14 inch race rubber, but haven't been looking very hard. Will do that when its back from the painters. Target to be on the track is a track day on September 28 and then the Winton 6 hour in October.

You should be able to get Yokohama "Targa" spec rubber (semi-slicks) in 14s, maybe even cheap, secondhand, LOL.

Sadly my painter can't get on to the old girl this weekend.. so we are aiming for later in the week. Fingers crossed!

 

A good friend has created the livery for me.. I love it!

 

08tsnrcarwb5.jpg

 

 

Colour scheme looks great, heres a pic of the nephews car with white racing stripes

 

Clints car

 

pg4.jpg

 

clintsun2.jpg

 

all the cars, same scheme, different colours the KE30-KE55 are the opposite colours,

white with green stripes and livery and green with white stripes and livery

 

the ke20-25 are the opposite colours also blue with white stripes and liveryand white with blue stripes and livery

 

pg10.jpg

 

sharpertoracing800-1.jpg

 

As you can see we like racing stripes

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Update time. Returned from the painters this morning looking all shiney and white. I have had the flu for two weeks which is annoying as hell because I should be screwing it back together today :jamie:

 

img6823df9.jpg

 

img6822qy7.jpg

 

img6821bb6.jpg

  • Author

Tail lights and some chrome trim on, looking good....

 

img6824lf6.jpg

 

img6825hm0.jpg

looking good dude ;)

now you just need to get it finished race and rubb up against a few cars and it will need a paint job again :jamie:

  • Author

Here are some more with everything back together. Managed to acquire a really straight rear bumper for her from Centre Rd Wreckers so that has made my day. Also fitted my Cusco strut brace (will take photos later).

 

Now I need to find someone to tune it.. a quick run around the block suggests lots of noise but not much forward progress....

 

img6826eu3.jpg

 

img6827nj6.jpg

 

img6828fn0.jpg

 

img6829jq4.jpg

 

img6830pm8.jpg

 

img6831vr8.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.