Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

Featured Replies

  • Author

Here are a couple of pics from the day. Need a bigger zoom!

 

img0322iq2.jpg

 

img0320bl7.jpg

 

Got faster as the day went on - first session i did a very slow 2.12.4, my fourth session I did a 2.07.6 - still got plenty of time in me still too.

 

No dramas for me which was great. Can't say the same for a guy in an Evo road car who put it on its lid and wrote it off...poor bugger.

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 170
  • Views 293.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Starting to prep for a Hillclimb at Phillip Island in just over two weeks.

 

A mate has just started a fabrication business so I got him to make me a few bits.

 

A foot rest

img1039j.jpg

 

A tailshaft loop (it looks freaking enormous for my little car!!)

img1037bzt.jpg

 

Oil catch can

img1036iln.jpg

 

Will post up some pics when they are all fitted.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ran at the Phillip Island Hill Climb on Sunday.

 

What a cracker of an event! 8 runs were available and you get 2/3rds of a lap as they start at Honda and use the start finish line.. and you can press on and do nearly a full lap despite a chicane before turn 1 and turn 3. Its a massive challenge to get yourself off the line quickly with no heat in the tyres and through the amazing sequence of corners that makes up the back part of the GP circuit..Then you get to go flat out through the last two turns and end up going rather rapidly down the straight. Magic magic magic.

 

I got faster for most of the day, first run was a1.17.something... which I got down to a 1.12.95 on my fifth run. 6th and 7th runs were a bit slower - 1.13.16 and I elected to go home after that rather than run the 8th.

 

Car was ultra-reliable again. Had a moment or two on the track which was fun rather than changing the undies scary...

 

If I had a log book I think my times would have put me 2nd in the 0-1600cc Improved Production class, which is where the car would run. However in the non-log book class I was 4th I think - there were some serious cars in that class.

 

Will post up some pics and vids tonight.

  • Author

Here is a crappy video from the weekend!

 

  • Author

Here are some photos taken at the even by Gary Hill of Elgee Words and Pictures

 

vhc09r4pielgee2922.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee3472.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee2636.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee3471.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee2633.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee2632.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee2630.jpg

 

vhc09r4pielgee1510.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Running at Sprint at Sandown on Sunday. If you are in the area come and have a look, there are a few interesting things running!

  • Author

Ready for a Sprint day tomorrow at Sandown.

 

Did an oil change and plug change last weekend, as well as the front wheel bearings. Everything else looks hunky dory.

 

Taken a couple of photos for my sponsor - Outlaw Welding - so he can see his sticker on the car. He is a mate that has done a couple of jobs for me. If anyone needs fabrication done in Melbourne PM me for his details!

 

img1231.jpg

 

img1232.jpg

 

img1233.jpg

 

img1234n.jpg

 

img1236m.jpg

 

img1236m.jpg

 

Last one shows how damned fantastic Autosol is... makes my wheels all nice and shiny :P

 

Before

 

img1237.jpg

 

After

 

img1238.jpg

  • Author

Well Sandown was interesting. I only got 3 runs in the day as there were long delays all day.

 

The car didn't really like the bumps, and I never quite got my rhythm around the place and as a consequence wasn't real smooth.

 

My best time was a 1.38.74 which was a long way off a VTEC powered Civic doing a 1.29.07 :) I like Phillip Island better!

 

Anyways here are some shots. You can see the car is rolling a lot - time to do some suspension work I think. Meant I was lifting a wheel coming on to the main straight and getting oversteer.

 

There is also a shot of a very nice RX3 that was there on the day.

 

Lined up for an observation lap

 

img0500f.jpg

 

img0502r.jpg

 

img0513w.jpg

 

On the track

 

img0894y.jpg

 

img1252e.jpg

 

img1263.jpg

 

Wheel in the air

 

img1187.jpg

 

Oversteer as a result

 

img1191c.jpg

 

RX3

 

img1224b.jpg

 

All photos taken and copyright to Neroli Henderson. Thanks Neroli!

Edited by silverra23

  • Author

In-car footage of Sandown antics!

 

Three different angles. First one doesnt show too much and is slow as I am stuck behind a V8 Capri. Second one is better, and the third one you get to see me have a little off and get blown away by big hairy V8's!

 

Second photo, third car back is a yellow KE30 sports sedan. Pretty quick car that one!

great to see this beast keeps getting better. Here are some shots i took ages ago at phillip island.

 

post-2153-1242132035_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-1242132198_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-1242132364_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-1242132543_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Decided the front struts need to come out for a few reasons:

 

1. I don't know what insert is inside them, and I have a suspicion what ever they are is very tired and contributing to my body roll and general handling issues.

2. Brakes proved to be a little inadequate at Sandown so I think its time to go XT130 strut and caliper with the peugeot rotor. I have had this sitting in the garage for eons.

3. If everything comes together in time, I might convert to coil over at the same time.

 

So pulled it all apart today. Was easier than I thought - I am always a bit nervous about things I have never done before! Will take everything to work on Monday and rate the springs so I have some idea of what is in there, and get the inserts out. I am hoping they are a Koni like the rear is so that they can be rebuilt, but time will tell!

 

Anyways here a few pics showing the removal:

 

Strut in the car, with brake caliper removed. Remember to clamp off the brake line and then disconnect it too:

 

img1245.jpg

 

Bottom of the strut - there are two bolts you need to undo here, this is where one was.

 

img1242.jpg

 

Next step - undo the three bolts holding the strut top to the body

 

img1241.jpg

 

Then push the control arm/sway bar down and then pull the strut out of the car. It will look like this:

 

img1239.jpg

 

What is left in the car will look like this. I need to work out what control arm is in there and whether I need to replace it with a Corona one, along with the steering knuckle:

 

img1246.jpg

 

Then using spring compressors I took the strut tops off and removed the springs so that I can rate them, and work out what spring I will need for my coil overs. Interestingly I discovered one side of the car had a bump stop in it, the other didnt. Very odd!

 

Here is the reason why a Corona strut and brake package will be soooo much better than a Corolla one!

 

img1247w.jpg

Edited by silverra23

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.