Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Johno

Hey man, forgot to tell you - theres a returned carport at work - manager says 50 bucks, and you can have it - does have a couple of bent poles, but hey, sort out a few spares, chuck the rest - the tarps for the roof alone are worth 70...let me know soonish if you want me to hold it for you...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey man, forgot to tell you - theres a returned carport at work - manager says 50 bucks, and you can have it - does have a couple of bent poles, but hey, sort out a few spares, chuck the rest - the tarps for the roof alone are worth 70...let me know soonish if you want me to hold it for you...

Yeah, for sure. Thanks man, i'll fix you up with the cash ASAP. Cheers :P

Well, its official.. My mum has formally asked me.. after weeks of nagging to..

--DRUM ROLL PLEASE--

Clean up my car parts in the Greenhouse! :y:

I Don't know where to start :y:

I took some pics of the greenhouse, do you want to see them?

Be warned there is a lot of spare parts.. It kinda freaked me out cos I'm the one who has to put it all back in the car later.

Edited by Johno

Well its sorta organized, 4ac engine stuff is in one section, seats in another, 4age parts in another etc..

Just gotta get it all to one corner. If i get it all to one corner i will be dripping oil onto seats, damage plastics, loosing screws etc.. It looks like a mess but i know where everything is.

Do you have a guestimated finish date for your rebuild?

Well last year (mid Oct) i was thinking it might be ready for the gor cruise 24th Jan 09. But that will defiantly not happen now. I'm thinking maybe June 09 now. It always drags out to longer than you always guess, you should know all about that with your ke10 :P

Here are the pics. :wink:

A garden spider decided to make my corolla his new home

DSC00241.jpg

When I took this pic i thought to myself (HOLY CRAP!! I gotta put all this back in the

car and know where it all goes back..) Hope i still got all the bolts.. :P

DSC00244.jpg

More Engine stuff..

DSC00246.jpg

Mostly Dash things..

DSC00248.jpg

Interior Plastics and gadgets

DSC00249.jpg

Mosty an assortment of gutter tracks, windscreen surrounds and molds. A few other

things in there like antenna, heater control switch and other things i don't want to know

about right now

DSC00250.jpg

Bumpers and fenders, gotta straiten the front bumper out. I accidentally left it resting

on something and the heat warped it a bit.. :P

DSC00252.jpg

All the Doors and boot which i still have to strip, sand, fill and prime

DSC00253.jpg

So there you have it, theres my corolla parts. Might shout a BBQ and beers to anyone who wants to help put her back together sometime down the track.

Best thing I ever did was went to Bunnings and bought shelves. You can buy the cheap metal ones but I bought the expensive powdercoated ones. Man you'd be surprised what you can fit in them. Its cause all your shit is taking up floor space, but with a shelf, its all air. And get your self plastic containers for the parts just to slot into the shelves. I went the cheap way and just stole about 20 milk crates. Works but not as well cause of the holes.

Yeah, i got 4 of those shelfs, 4 teir galvanised ones from bunnings, 50kgs per shelf.

2 are getting used for all my paint stuff in another shed and the other two are used for camping stuff.

I should get some more, cheers :P

You should have seen my garage before hand. Mind you I have only done half. But these shelves are the way to go. May cost more but better. Just gay that when ever I go to buy more the packaging has been changed or that type of shelf is no longer stocked.

I might buy another soon. I've started sticking hooks off the side so I can hang shit. Currently I need somewhere to mount 2 more hooks for my massive collection of KE30, KE55 and KE36 bumpers.

post-1158-1231401750_thumb.jpg