December 31, 200817 yr Author comment_303066 Why ae92 suspension just curious? The Ae92 suspention is the same as the ae82 twinky on the front. I want to get the 92 suspention in the rear so i can fit aftermarket shocks in like Koni yellow ajustable. Bowler has it on his car and it totaly transforms the ride feel and handling of the car. If i keep the sohc struts i wont be able to have that luxury. I am also getting the rear ae82 twinky disk brake setup, ae92 rear struts and ae82 strut top hats. I also want a ajustable rear swaybar and front roll bars and of corse the top strut bracing in the engine bay that connected with 4 bolt struts. The front hubs have to be changed because the sohc hubs have smaller bolts and the front strut's wont fit. Its all a bit hard to explain but when i'm done with it, it will have handing like a go cart. And stop with 4 wheel disk brakes. Edited January 4, 200917 yr by Johno Report
December 31, 200817 yr comment_303127 This car is looking good,I really enjoyed watching the video of the progress good work :) Report
December 31, 200817 yr comment_303143 just finished reading your story and its trully inspiring i think i will go out to the garage now and tinker with my car :yes: Report
January 1, 200917 yr Author comment_303332 Thanks everyone for your comments. Next video will be heaps better. I'm hoping that once the rolla is back on the road i will get some fottage of the car in action. Might be a good 3-4 months away. Here's a list of things i still need to do to get the car back on the road. Front left quarter panel Rear tailgate New carpet 2k paint job New water pump on 4age New Heavy Duty clutch New Gel 12v battery Change over to ae92 struts New lovel lowered springs Koni shocks Rear disk brakes and pads Stereo boot install Once i have Bought/installed all that stuff then the car can go back on the road. Report
January 4, 200917 yr Author comment_304155 Well i had an awful but productive afternoon :y: :S Siphoned out the fuel tank, mouthful of petrol. Undid the fuel lines, Petrol squirted in my eyes Unbolted the fuel tank, Dirt in my eyes and ears Pulled out the tank, skinned my knuckles. Undone the exhaust.. Nothing happened, lol. Notice the can of coke.. it didn't get rid of the taste of petrol :S Report
January 4, 200917 yr comment_304159 Well i had an awful but productive afternoon :y: :S Siphoned out the fuel tank, mouthful of petrol. Undid the fuel lines, Petrol squirted in my eyes Unbolted the fuel tank, Dirt in my eyes and ears Pulled out the tank, skinned my knuckles. Undone the exhaust.. Nothing happened, lol. Notice the can of coke.. it didn't get rid of the taste of petrol :S I hate the taste of petrol too, Is that a home made spray booth the car is in? Report
January 4, 200917 yr Author comment_304166 Is that a home made spray booth the car is in? Nah, its a portable carport from super cheap Auto. I dinobolted it in the concrete. Its been there for about 5 months i think. Started to rip apart from the wind but I made some quick repairs with weatherboards on the bottom and its still standing. Edited January 4, 200917 yr by Johno Report
January 4, 200917 yr comment_304168 Nah, its a portable carport from super cheap Auto. I dinobolted it in the concrete. Its been there for about 5 months i think. Started to rip apart from the wind but I made some quick repairs and its still standing. I have seen them before at super cheap I was wondering Do they keep the car dry inside? or is there condensation Report
January 4, 200917 yr Author comment_304194 There is no condensation at all, the only thing on your car that will get ewt will be the tires, when it rains just remember to get all your tools off the ground. If there is any condensation, the pitch of the roof will let it roll off to the sides. If your looking for a portable carport, I recommend it just tie it down real well with Strong rope, the rope they give you is cheap and will snap in about 2 months. Any signs of damage, fix it immediately. Edited January 4, 200917 yr by Johno Report
January 4, 200917 yr comment_304247 ummmmm...... petrol syphoning?? tank has a drain plug???? did you ind it afterwards?? or don't they ave em on those tanks? Report
January 4, 200917 yr comment_304295 ummmmm......petrol syphoning?? tank has a drain plug???? did you ind it afterwards?? or don't they ave em on those tanks? No plug on the 82's Report
January 4, 200917 yr comment_304359 "Auto, the cough lolly is meant for after you syphen the fuel" lOl How much did the makeshift spray booth set you back?? I was actually thinking to do that with my cars as the only garage I have is full of parts. Report
January 5, 200917 yr Author comment_304427 "Auto, the cough lolly is meant for after you syphen the fuel" lOl How much did the makeshift spray booth set you back?? I was actually thinking to do that with my cars as the only garage I have is full of parts. Having petrol in my mouth wasnt too bad, it pissed me off when it went in my eye. Espesialy when i was under the car and had to drag myself out from underneath the car blind. The carport cost me $230, if your going to store parts in there i would maybe put your parts on wooden palets unless you want them to get wet when it rains. Report
January 5, 200917 yr comment_304590 Na, no plans on storing parts outside. I just need a booth to spray my coupe, sedan and van. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now