Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Johno

Speechless Johno. The only thing that comes to mind and off my tongue is "Phuck", mother nature had it in for that car port of yours doesn't she.

Don't let it be a set back again. Use the tarp to cover the chariot till you can get back on your feet with a car port or something.

Nah i won't be set back :no2: The worst of the weather has passed now (I hope).

It was raining this morning but I think the car is pretty safe. If it was my house i would buy a propper shed for the rolla.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Half way on page 6, Found it... :S

3 Weeks ago:

I cleared a big area at my house in Rowville, lay down 1 m3 of crushed rock and finally got my corolla home, Yay!

I got a tow bar for the Ford, hired a car trailer from the service station and towed it to my place.

The brakes didn't work very well on the trailer so when i got to the bottom of Mount Dandenong my brakes on the ford were smoking like crazy.. :(

Last Week:

Put the 4age engine in the boot and got it home

Last Night:

Got the air compressor home and the spray guns and all the paint.. :o

Hopefully now that its home I can get some more work done on it.

ABOUT F&^^%#G TIME!!! Dude, great to hear. after exams are over, i'm coming round to help. i got some prettty sweet clear bar lamps that'll fit that bumper too. hows things?

Lol!! Yeah i know.. I been pretty slack and thats a understatment. :S

Yeah, that would be awesome, cheers man! :( I been flat out with work and not much time for anything else, also got a few small side projects going on and once they are done i'll be back into the rolla :o

yay! i remember seeing this way back on the tccav cruise. it's come a long way since then. :no2:

i'm liking the ae92 front bumper. i think the ae92's came with painted bumpers on some of them, might be better investing in a painted one for a better finish.

good luck with the paint, this will look awesome when it's done. :)

Yeh hes right there. The SX/GTI varient with the fully painted bumper, and hence a smooth finish.

The CS's etc have that bumpy affect, which can be smoothed, but if you wanna save the hassel..

Then again that may be what you are after.

Bugz

AND edit i just re--read what you said, my bad.

Are you going the SX Lip?

Edited by Bugzbarney

• 1 month later...

Ok, good news and bad news.

Good news is I'm still going ahead with the 4age engine conversion, bad news is its not going back in the Brown seca anymore.

I decided today thats its gone too far and i don't think i can remember how it all goes back together. I am going to buy another seca and drop all the goodies into it. I am on the hunt for a seca from today.. if its unroadworthty then i'll just chuck any bits into it from the old seca. I just want to see a complete seca in my driveway. I know i said this before about 6 months ago but I really can't be stuffed painting it and going through all that stuff. I will get the rolla on the road but unfortanatly this old brown girl wont be seeing the road again.

Long story short, I bitten off more than I can chew

Edited by Johno

oh man 40 pages of reading and i get to this!!!! Wah Waah Waaahhh. Ha ha sucks when you strip then look at all the bits and go holy shit, maybe i should of done one bit at a time! Good luck for the future bro, don't get disheartened.

EDIT: its guys with your motivation that keep me going on mine even when I just can't be bothered. These threads are a wealth of information and ideas.

Edited by blzbub666

Yeah, I guess it has been a long read to get to this but I don't want to think of it as a waste. :lolcry: I learned a few things and I know alot more about corollas now. I know how to fix a dent or change the brakes or gearbox or even a engine. I want to get another corolla think of it as the same car just Take 2 of the old one.

My plan is to buy a half decent one, Get the RWC test and fix all the things with all the old parts like spare indicators, disk brakes, cracks in the dash or whatever. Then once its on the road I'll do one thing at a time, Fit the AE92 brakes, roll the gaurds properly and fit the mags, change over the exhaust, install the extractors, Fit the 2din screen, install the CSX interior, fit the 4age along with the new exedy clutch. If I just do one thing at a time I think i'll be OK. I just kinda stuffed up with doing everything at once.

By me buying a new corolla i feel like all I am doing is jumping to the next stage without having to do all the work. Who knows, i might get inspired and fix it up still, if i have a full complete one infront of me i could just copy it and fit out the car again.. ;)

One Last thing, I now can really admire the work people have gone to with restoring a car now. It takes a heck load of Time, Money, Dedication and Patience to get a car like new again.

Crazy ass idea in progress right now.. I just hunted around and found a cheap White Ae82 sedan for $300. (looking at it at 7pm tonight) Its got a blown head gaskit but still starts and drives fine. Body and interior are very clean (So he says) So anyway the idea is to buy it as is. Buy the Second Seca with good motor (hopfully) and transplant it in the white seden and sell it with 12months reg and RWC for hopfully $2,200, chuck the blown motor in the rolling shell and sell as scrap metal.. the 4age will then go in the new seca and all should be good. sorry if it sounds confusing ;)