Guidecoat:

100_2653.jpg

Rubbed back:

100_2654.jpg

Filled:

100_2656.jpg

Highfill:

100_2658.jpg

I'm still not happy with the repair on the centreline of the bonnet, this has proved to be quite tricky to repair.

I will leave this for a bit and think about what I'm going to do about it. In the mean time, there is plenty more to do !

loving your work mate. As for the tricky bit on the bonnet if it is bothering you now then it will increasingly bother you more and more when it's painted. Just from my experiance :no2: great to see you making more and more progress all the time.

keep going champ!

loving your work mate. As for the tricky bit on the bonnet if it is bothering you now then it will increasingly bother you more and more when it's painted. Just from my experiance :no2: great to see you making more and more progress all the time.

keep going champ!

Thanks Matt.

Yeah that's why I'm trying to just keep plugging away. There are still a few imperfections in the body that annoy me, and I'm sure it will just get worse with time. I find that when I'm really sick of working on one area and feel like I'm going nowhere, it's good just to give it a break and move onto another panel. Will see what I can acheive next week (got a call today to say the operation will be next Saturday).

Nice work there mate, I had a few problems with the ridge on my bonnet too. I tried filling at about 6 times before giving up and just painting the dam thing. I know it's going to piss me off when the bonnet goes back on and see that dent still there. Just keep trying and you'll be glad you went to the extra effort of doing it properly :no2:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!

This would have to be the most motivational build thread I've EVER read. You have come a long way and learnt

a huge amount. It looks like you've had to learn a lot the hard way too but you are far better off for it.

I hope the operation went well and you're back into it soon. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread from now on, the last

time I looked at it was 2008!

Keep it up

Scott.

WOW!

This would have to be the most motivational build thread I've EVER read. You have come a long way and learnt

a huge amount. It looks like you've had to learn a lot the hard way too but you are far better off for it.

I hope the operation went well and you're back into it soon. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread from now on, the last

time I looked at it was 2008!

Keep it up

Scott.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

I'm currently still in hospital but all was successful.

Loving the build mate, This is pushing me to Do it properly, and to get it done.

All the best With recovering, and can't wait to see You continue with it.

Thanks mate, recovery has been going well. I have been sneaking outside and working on panels over the last few days, Mum is not so happy lol ! Will put up some pics soon.

I have also bought myself a set of Hayashi Streets in 13x6 +8 thanks to LukeAE71. :P

I would have preferred something wider and in 14s but this should be a good start.

Hey guys,

Here are a few pics from recent efforts;

100_2661.jpg

100_2663.jpg

100_2662.jpg

100_2666.jpg

100_2668.jpg

100_2671.jpg

100_2677.jpg

100_2682.jpg

100_2683.jpg

100_2679.jpg

100_2670.jpg

I shrunk a few areas round at a mates place and then filled and highfilled the doors, right gaurd and bootlid. They will all need a rub back and another coat (Pics soon).

Thanks to the Vic wreckers thread I manged to pickup another left gaurd so I have begun stripping it and will weld it at a mates work tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dougal

It's staying white mate. When I started I was only going to touchup a few problem areas.

In the first stage of panelwork the topcoat reacted and so I had to rub it all back. When I started rubing the shell back

it gradually turned into a more complete respray. The engine bay wont be touched for a while too so that's another reason it is staying white.