Toyota And Ke2x Parts

parrot

Out of interest, popped into Melb City Toyota today to enquire about a few exterior trim bits for the KE25. Believe it or not, the EPC only goes as far back as KE30 series. The parts guy denies that they even keep the fiche for Ke2x anymore. Maybe he was to lazy to dig out the microfiche reader. Supposedly some dealers still do. I think I got the 'f@$k off it's too hard' response

However I may be able to order parts off my USDM fiche if I take them the part numbers..... although probably no longer available.

Must say though, my previous experience at Melb City with AE86 parts and amazingly on two separate occasions when buying new cars led me to expect this response, unfortunately they are close to work.

I think in future I will just go there to buy plugs and oil filters.....

Members dont see this ad

they must have been giving you the blow off treatment.

i used to work round the corner on peel st (chrysler) and used to go in and ask bout various ke25 bits.. they always had a price for me.. although HUGELY expensive.

i got quoted $215 for an idler arm for the ke25 from them.. got a 555 idler (one of the best suspension brands period!) from bursons for like $40 or so

They are always good at the blow off there.

I'll go back with the part numbers. Curious to see if they have the c pillar exterior vents, front guard garnish's (late) and a 74 grille badge.

Would be very surprised, but you never know. Will also go see the guy at Camberwell instead who has been quite helpful previously.

My Toyota Dealer got sick of me chasing old bits for old cars, making them go find part numbers in old parts manuals. They ended up giving me all their old genuine manuals and now its up to me to find the part numbers and call them with exactually what i need, though these days most bits are no longer available. :(

I guess it depends on who you see. I've called in to my local toyota dealer in toowoomba looking for KE10 parts and had two very different reactions from two different people. The first guy was very helpful, he dug out the microfiche and checked in japan etc etc. The second guy just gave me a flat out, 'no and no i can't check in japan, its just not possible'.... apparently...

I get the exact same ting in Ipswich.

I take in my KE1X parts catalouge and show them picture give them a part number and they say oh we don't have any and can't get any and can't look in Japan when they can. Shits me off I guess if I keep hounding them Ill get some where but still shits me off.