Exhaust Setup For 2t-b On A Ke70

David

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm okay.. in which nissan's do I find these engines, what's theyr hp/torque performance, estimated price, etc...?

how much trubble will it be to do a convesion for me? I guess it will be alot more than a T engine as I already have a gearbox and engine mounts..

exhaust, cutting the tunnel to fit the gearbox? ecu, fuel, do I need to cut my firewall to get space for the engine? weight for these engines is less than a 4age i've heard.. is that correct?

what about engine mounts.. does they look alike, or is it a completely different system?

I also guess I need a longer / shorter tailshaft.. I need a stronger rear axle as I think it will explode if I drive hard enough with my 2T-B

Also considdering?? ( don't know how to spell, and I know it's wrong) buying a ae86 parts car for my ke70.. move everything I can use.. rear axle.. suspension.. steering components.. etc

front brakes for ae86 <-> ke70 is the almost the same? but the ae86 has ventilated brakes..?

hmm.. can't sleep, got to much thinking on my brain :)

CAs and SRs come from silvias. googling "silvia history" or "silvia specs" similar will tell you all the power figures and years and models that each motor came out in what

you're going to have to go custom everything. manifolds, mounts, tailshaft, fuel system. if you didn't get silvias there, and are going to have to import an engine anyway, then you may as well just use the 3T because it all just bolts up

hmm okay.. it seems a sr20det / ca18det will be too expensive for me.. 3T-GTE would be cheaper..

but maybe I just use a 2T-G.. 3T crankshaft etc.. higher CR and better cams..

how much does the 3T crankshaft cost in australia.. with everything I need rods and pistons?

or is it just waste of money to use 3T 1.8l in a 2T-G?

how much is too expensive?

Your better off just bolting a 2T-G head and cam gear on the 3T....Else your gonna have to spend megabucks getting everything machined. Or you can bodge it and have a motor thats gonna last less than 10,000km

expensive is USD $ 5.000 for a SR20DET and gearbox..

everything is expensive here in norway.. :\

I've found a 2T-G.. completely overhauled?? new pistons, rods, etc except for the crankshaft.. it's not balanced.. so it comes a strange sound from it..

is the 2T/-B and 2T-G crankshaft the same?

and I've also found another 2T-G, that one is missing a bolt outside the engine.. a bolt with a spring that has some connection to the chain..

does the 2T/-B have a similar bolt?

missing-bolt.jpg

and I've also found another 2T-G, that one is missing a bolt outside the engine.. a bolt with a spring that has some connection to the chain..

No, its the top cam chain ajuster. 2Ts don't have a top cam chain, just a single bottom chain held tight by oil pressure (very similar to K motors). 2T-Gs have a similar bottom chain controlled by oil pressure but have a 2nd sprocket on the standard pushrod camshaft position which is filled with a dummy cam (having only fuel pump lobes, or none on the EFI models). This 2nd sprocket is to drive the top cam chain to drive the camshafts. The top timing chain has to be ajusted manually and correctly (i.e. _not_ as tight as you can get it. I don't know exactly how to set it caws I don't have one). Its possible the noise this guys hearing might be the top cam drive over ajusted, but it could be plenty of other things.

I _might_ be able to find a cam drive ajuster, but it might take some time......

No, its the top cam chain ajuster. 2Ts don't have a top cam chain, just a single bottom chain held tight by oil pressure (very similar to K motors). 2T-Gs have a similar bottom chain controlled by oil pressure but have a 2nd sprocket on the standard pushrod camshaft position which is filled with a dummy cam (having only fuel pump lobes, or none on the EFI models). This 2nd sprocket is to drive the top cam chain to drive the camshafts. The top timing chain has to be ajusted manually and correctly (i.e. _not_ as tight as you can get it. I don't know exactly how to set it caws I don't have one). Its possible the noise this guys hearing might be the top cam drive over ajusted, but it could be plenty of other things.

I _might_ be able to find a cam drive ajuster, but it might take some time......

okay.. thanks for the help

no.. the sound is coming from a different engine..

I have found a couple of 2T-G for sale here now..

1: the cheapest one.. has not been use for many years.. need to be overhauled..

2: the 2T-G missing the bolt for the top cam chain adjuster.. with mikuni-solex that needs to be rejetet?

3: 2T-G with the strange sound.. the owner didn't remember if it was EFI or carby's..

4: a slightly tuned 2T-G head was ported.. bigger cams, etc.. with webber 40mm dcoe

I'm going to buy the cheapest just to have a spare engine.. ( it's cheap ) and another one to use in my ke70.. probatly one of them that has carby's.. then I don't need to use a very long time to get the engine up and running..

about the top cam chain adjuster.. is it impossible to find one of these..? or is it possible to buy a new one from ex. toyota?

I think you'll be dissapointed with the power gains you get from a 2T-G. Theyre only 8 valves (not like the DOHC 16 valves you get these days) so really the only power gains you get are from less valve train loss, a head that flows a bit better and raised compression ratio....