January 22, 200521 yr comment_29469 i'd agree with that too. at least then if you kill the engine, it's a bit of cash and weekend of swapping, not alot of cash and a 2 month wait from japan or something Report
January 23, 200521 yr Author comment_29498 hmm okay.. in which nissan's do I find these engines, what's theyr hp/torque performance, estimated price, etc...? how much trubble will it be to do a convesion for me? I guess it will be alot more than a T engine as I already have a gearbox and engine mounts.. exhaust, cutting the tunnel to fit the gearbox? ecu, fuel, do I need to cut my firewall to get space for the engine? weight for these engines is less than a 4age i've heard.. is that correct? what about engine mounts.. does they look alike, or is it a completely different system? I also guess I need a longer / shorter tailshaft.. I need a stronger rear axle as I think it will explode if I drive hard enough with my 2T-B Also considdering?? ( don't know how to spell, and I know it's wrong) buying a ae86 parts car for my ke70.. move everything I can use.. rear axle.. suspension.. steering components.. etc front brakes for ae86 <-> ke70 is the almost the same? but the ae86 has ventilated brakes..? hmm.. can't sleep, got to much thinking on my brain :) Report
January 23, 200521 yr comment_29503 CAs and SRs come from silvias. googling "silvia history" or "silvia specs" similar will tell you all the power figures and years and models that each motor came out in what you're going to have to go custom everything. manifolds, mounts, tailshaft, fuel system. if you didn't get silvias there, and are going to have to import an engine anyway, then you may as well just use the 3T because it all just bolts up Report
January 23, 200521 yr comment_29561 SR20DET is rated at 200hp @ flywheel stock. Get an S13 silvia/180sx front cut and make sure as hell its not a KA series motor. Report
January 25, 200521 yr Author comment_29831 hmm okay.. it seems a sr20det / ca18det will be too expensive for me.. 3T-GTE would be cheaper.. but maybe I just use a 2T-G.. 3T crankshaft etc.. higher CR and better cams.. how much does the 3T crankshaft cost in australia.. with everything I need rods and pistons? or is it just waste of money to use 3T 1.8l in a 2T-G? Report
January 25, 200521 yr comment_29888 how much is too expensive? Your better off just bolting a 2T-G head and cam gear on the 3T....Else your gonna have to spend megabucks getting everything machined. Or you can bodge it and have a motor thats gonna last less than 10,000km Report
January 25, 200521 yr Author comment_29904 how much is too expensive? Your better off just bolting a 2T-G head and cam gear on the 3T....Else your gonna have to spend megabucks getting everything machined. Or you can bodge it and have a motor thats gonna last less than 10,000km expensive is USD $ 5.000 for a SR20DET and gearbox.. everything is expensive here in norway.. :\ I've found a 2T-G.. completely overhauled?? new pistons, rods, etc except for the crankshaft.. it's not balanced.. so it comes a strange sound from it.. is the 2T/-B and 2T-G crankshaft the same? and I've also found another 2T-G, that one is missing a bolt outside the engine.. a bolt with a spring that has some connection to the chain.. does the 2T/-B have a similar bolt? Report
January 25, 200521 yr comment_29909 none of us have T motors, so i think you'd have more luck asking these questions on toymods Report
January 26, 200521 yr comment_29926 and I've also found another 2T-G, that one is missing a bolt outside the engine.. a bolt with a spring that has some connection to the chain..does the 2T/-B have a similar bolt? No, its the top cam chain ajuster. 2Ts don't have a top cam chain, just a single bottom chain held tight by oil pressure (very similar to K motors). 2T-Gs have a similar bottom chain controlled by oil pressure but have a 2nd sprocket on the standard pushrod camshaft position which is filled with a dummy cam (having only fuel pump lobes, or none on the EFI models). This 2nd sprocket is to drive the top cam chain to drive the camshafts. The top timing chain has to be ajusted manually and correctly (i.e. _not_ as tight as you can get it. I don't know exactly how to set it caws I don't have one). Its possible the noise this guys hearing might be the top cam drive over ajusted, but it could be plenty of other things. I _might_ be able to find a cam drive ajuster, but it might take some time...... Report
January 26, 200521 yr Author comment_29935 and I've also found another 2T-G, that one is missing a bolt outside the engine.. a bolt with a spring that has some connection to the chain..does the 2T/-B have a similar bolt? No, its the top cam chain ajuster. 2Ts don't have a top cam chain, just a single bottom chain held tight by oil pressure (very similar to K motors). 2T-Gs have a similar bottom chain controlled by oil pressure but have a 2nd sprocket on the standard pushrod camshaft position which is filled with a dummy cam (having only fuel pump lobes, or none on the EFI models). This 2nd sprocket is to drive the top cam chain to drive the camshafts. The top timing chain has to be ajusted manually and correctly (i.e. _not_ as tight as you can get it. I don't know exactly how to set it caws I don't have one). Its possible the noise this guys hearing might be the top cam drive over ajusted, but it could be plenty of other things. I _might_ be able to find a cam drive ajuster, but it might take some time...... okay.. thanks for the help no.. the sound is coming from a different engine.. I have found a couple of 2T-G for sale here now.. 1: the cheapest one.. has not been use for many years.. need to be overhauled.. 2: the 2T-G missing the bolt for the top cam chain adjuster.. with mikuni-solex that needs to be rejetet? 3: 2T-G with the strange sound.. the owner didn't remember if it was EFI or carby's.. 4: a slightly tuned 2T-G head was ported.. bigger cams, etc.. with webber 40mm dcoe I'm going to buy the cheapest just to have a spare engine.. ( it's cheap ) and another one to use in my ke70.. probatly one of them that has carby's.. then I don't need to use a very long time to get the engine up and running.. about the top cam chain adjuster.. is it impossible to find one of these..? or is it possible to buy a new one from ex. toyota? Report
January 26, 200521 yr comment_29942 I think you'll be dissapointed with the power gains you get from a 2T-G. Theyre only 8 valves (not like the DOHC 16 valves you get these days) so really the only power gains you get are from less valve train loss, a head that flows a bit better and raised compression ratio.... Report
January 26, 200521 yr comment_29943 Mikuni-solex carbs are only good for one thing.... the bin. The Weber option is far better. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now