Sc14/12 Supercharger On A 4k

if your saying it can't get more than 90bhp+ out of a 4k N/A your about to be corected. my friend has a race ke30 3k an all that has is balanced pistons, not crank or piston rods and a lumpy cam with half an outlet system, no extractors and stock carby.

so nothing speciall just a lumpy cam and balanced pistons and the head was done a little but all up under $800 for 100kw+ atw on there dyno. the power to wait says it all for me. and yes the motos is reliable just don't hold 7900RPM for 8 laps.

to reach 90BHP is realy not that hard to do if you know how to N/A a motor properly but it will set you back a little more but boy does it go hard. if done well the power can be felt right through the rev range till just befor it valve bounces than :hmm:.

every little bit helps.

4K EFI systen.

32/36 carb.

extractors.

shaved head and block deck.

1.5-2''system.

balance all high RPM parts

grind cam.

don't have to port polish but it is good.

lighten flywheel.

ect. whats listed are the main power makers. i would think that would keep up with a charged 4k.

I was talking about torque low down, anyway with just a cam and a piston balance and 100hp atw? id love to know who built this engine. I mean thats at least extra 40hp atw from what they are supposed to run out of the factory with.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the thread got a little off track, or should I say ontrack? Something that holds together for 8 laps is probably very different to a grumpy pig that only gets a run every other weekend on Sunday arvo, then yet again, let alone a "Daily driver" on our rubbish unleaded......What kind of compression was it running, and what kind of fuel?

these facts are only based on what the rac drivers father and 4 other drivers have told me. this is verry close to 100bhp, if it even was at the wheels, but still that will be a lot.

they are striped compleetly, head honed and faced to reach i think was 11.5:1. all stock head parts i.e. rockers and arm but high grade standard size valve as are used. the block is honed, stock flat top pistons with a littli off the bottom shaved off, piston rods not toutched and i don't know about the crank. flywweel is below safe for road use, its too weak but they don't leave 2nd gear. 1st than snap 2nd, some don't push the clutch in all the way.

now the cam used in the motor makes it sound like a V8 chainsaw, verry lumpy but has a buzz. stock outlet system to keep it fear but my friends dad does exhausts systems and gas for a living so more time spent on pipline than race prep. the exhaust manifold is stock but the pipe is whatever you likeand stops under the pasanger seat/half the car.

there is no fan on the motor its all electric and the carby is stock with the outside ofthe air filter housing cut away so the filter is exposed. i think a K&N is used. 4spd ke30 box and ke36 diff.

when you got 230 was that just based on airflow calcs or was it on some engine that you played around with heaps? could i get some details on what is required for that sorted of output?

I can't remember the exact source I got it from. Anyway a 4agze with a cusco overdrive pulley will make a sc12 produce around 14psi at just under 200hp. A sc14 has approximately 18% more capacity than a sc12, so should be good for about 18% more hp when spun at the same speed.

Hi,

Now I just dabble in K motors for hobby etc.

Now Rob not 100% disagreeing with you or 100% disagree in with [email protected].

I used to think to get power out of a 3K needed $$ and time and effort and not worth it........

Then I met a guy with 166RWKW 3K i think heart missed a beat. In a KE10 mind you.

Now I said what does it run. He used a stock 3K baffled sump upped oil pressure to hep bearings. Then got cylinder head 39mm intake valve and for get exhaust size was bigger but. He took the 3K out to 79mm bore I think it was (uppeer limit) and that allows the BIG ass valves to fit. Then he dropped a turbo on ran 19PSI. No balance nothing new pistons bore quick nasty big valve job and boost. And best bit guy told me what valves he used so woot can use it at my place now :hmm:

Now the TRD 3K running crappy 60;s tech NA made 150HP at wheels of the KP61. And it can be improved on now. So 3K I think if your switched on know what your doing use ideas from everywhere a lot of power can be made but I think the 3K-B made 83HP at 6600RPM so a head shave and that on a motor rev to 8grand new cam I dare say 100 is possible but at fly not wheels.

So id want hard pics to prove but hey.

Any way back on topic. Have you given TBI or EFI a though for SC14. Also KE70 aircon pulley will fall onto a SC14 and fit like a finger in a bum so you can run it V belt if you want.

And I think max efficiency of SC14 was 8PSI with heat verse boost graph. I plan to only run about there when I'm done one day on my set up.

Cameron

And I think max efficiency of SC14 was 8PSI with heat verse boost graph. I plan to only run about there when I'm done one day on my set up.

I'd agree with that. The example I used was to state the upper limits of the sc12 and sc14, obviously with efficient intercooling.

Sigma aircon will also work.

The clutch on it is a nippon denso unit. Clutch on most asian air cons is nippondenso all run similar/same bearing size so lots of pulleys will work.

Sigma has 2 types single belt fit no mods. I got a dual belt pulley off sigma needed machining to fit but bolt I felt wouldn't go on enough so I ditched it but I could of machined more off it I suppose.

So jsut look for aircons..lol trial and error.

Also before you ask I have seen SC14 run upside down flat normal etc on all different cars so before you ask can run it any way you want to really.

Just the air line in it measure boost but also keep air pressure on oil side so oil wont piss out blower. Seen one run with them open and umm it seized and that so keep those small pipes on out side hooked together at each end if you want bearings to live.

Cameron

Found the bastard email...

"A mate/customer just dropped by with his dyno sheet from a little 3K toyo I built a while back, he only had a copy on his phone but is dropping it back later - so I'll post it then.

It's a 1300cc 3K toyota engine, re-ring, stock pistons, stock crank, stock rod bolts etc, pistons have been de-compressed slightly (can't remember compression).

Head has stock valves, good seats, a decent port job & double valve springs, cam is an old NA grind I had laying around.

Stock mains bolts, stock head bolts etc.

Exhaust manifold is a dodgy steam pipe jigger with an RB25 T3 turbo wedged on the end.

It's draw through with a 1.75CD stromberg carb, no intercooler.

Ignition is the original points dissy.

On Avgas it made 166rwkw (225rwhp) on 19psi boost with 10:1 AFR's & conservative timing."

Not to shabby pretty much stock 3K so HP can be made. Steer clear of 4K blocks to noticed other day had a 5K 4K and 3K lined up 4K had thinnest cast of lot so weaker i dare say.

And my bad was thinking of another hot 3K with the bigger vlves I speak of. It was also HIGH HP.

So do it right mix parts right K power can be had with boost..research research research before build. THen you will be happy and save a $ or 2.

Quick note....this guy at 19PSI after about 6 months driving hard always broke ring lands. So if you use after market ones you will over come that. So old stock pistons expect to break ring lands not if but WHEN....

Edited by camerondownunder88

Steer clear of 4K blocks to noticed other day had a 5K 4K and 3K lined up 4K had thinnest cast of lot so weaker i dare say.

It depends on the 4k block. The earlier ones had bugger all ribbing around the welschplugs on the manifold side. Later ones have decent ribbing around the plugs. Did the 4k block you were looking at come from superjamie by any chance?

^^^^ That's gold, Doug.

Not being a forced induction man myself, I figured it would be something like that, but have never seen details like that. That's a really good little chart.

I can go to bed happy and content, having learnt my one thing for the day. :hmm: