One Piece Tailshaft

7shades

Members dont see this ad

Well its not really designed for road cars. The big design advantage is that it takes loads of torque down the shaft but a knock from the side will snap it. So when your unis fail it doesn't take your legs off, the shaft just disintegrates. Its also a piece of cake to balance because of the low weight. That particular shaft is for an S13 and I very nearly bought it!

One of the reasons that Ford utes were speed limited was that the one piece tailshaft was harder to balance.

Plenty of early rollas handle pretty well with one piece shafts though.

A Falcon ute has a ridiculously long wheel-base though, which amplifies any movements in a single tail-shaft.

• 4 months later...

Just wanting to see if anyone can give a ballpark figure for a One Piece Tailshaft conversion for a KE70 (obviously if you have had it done) - t50 yoke to borg diff connector...Have to get this done soon and just wanting to see how much damage its going to do on my wallet :y:

Already been told to goto Bigg's Trucks but they can't give me a price till they have a look at it....

Just wanting to see if anyone can give a ballpark figure for a One Piece Tailshaft conversion for a KE70 (obviously if you have had it done) - t50 yoke to borg diff connector...Have to get this done soon and just wanting to see how much damage its going to do on my wallet :y:

Already been told to goto Bigg's Trucks but they can't give me a price till they have a look at it....

If you already have a one piece ke70 shaft then the t50 yoke fits straight on, Even fits the ke70 uni joint:

post-1373-1222049904_thumb.jpg

Basic physics: Transfering energy results in the reduction of any one givin form of energy.

As the energy transfers through the middle uni, it if fact transfers multiple times through each pivotal points, through the bearing, through the oil and so on. While doing this the kenetic/torque energy has to change directions constantly, thus losing momentum and also transforming some of the kenetic/torque energy into other forms of energy such as heat, sound and light.

Single shaft = a more direct route for the energy to transfer through, and gives a greater opertunity for the energy to reatain its momentum.

The mutiple shafts do reduce virbration as shorter shaft give less oppotunity for imbalance and also reduce potential imbalance multplier which increase exponentially with the legth of the shaft.

Single shaft = more derict raw energy tansfer.... more power :y:

Multiple shaft = more refined energy transfer between the axle and engine.... more comfort.