Polishing Hubbies

benzo

Hey, just wondering what you guys use to polish your chrome hub caps on your Rollas?

On my old white KE20 I just used some chrome polish, almost like jiff lol, that my mate gave to me, worked a treat.

MY new KE20, being owned by an old man for its life, the hubbies were filthy, gave em a good try with the chrome polish, came up allright, but after all this rain they're looking all dirty and rusty again...

Anyone got something that keeps them looking nice and shiny?

Cheers, Ben.

Members dont see this ad

the thing is with most chrome polishes, they don't have a protective component, after you have used autosol or brasso or a rubbing compound, hit them with a coat of wax, and that should prevent the rust from coming back up as quick

Yeah clear paint could work I suppose...

I gave em another good hit with the chrome polish, cranked out the steel wool and they came up pretty good.

Just gave em a good coat with some of my dads Plexus afterwards. Its a plastic protectant and it works sweet, keeps them looking shiny, and puts like a waxy layer on them.

Cheers, Ben.

A very good metak polish is PURPLE, made by California Gold. worked wonders on the wheels on my ute, bumpers andother shiney stuff, used it on my hubbies and the looked minta. a tip the makers give to keep chrome lookin goot always keep polish up to it.

CHEERS

Ryan