Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My New Te72!!!

Featured Replies

Hey guys, just registered and thought I'd share some photos of my new '80 TE72

let me know what you think

 

corolla048.jpg

 

corolla049.jpg

 

corolla050.jpg

 

corolla051.jpg

 

corolla052.jpg

 

corolla053.jpg

 

corolla054.jpg

 

corolla057.jpg

my old '95 Tercel and my new '80 Rolla side by side

 

I'm planning on painting a couple things until I can afford anything else

(engine, exhaust headers, carburetor, calipers/drums and all the black trim to start)

comments/suggestions appreciated

well it certainly looks like you have yourself an awesome starting point for your project!! looking forward to seeing the progress in a thread here soon.

 

cheers

 

Charl

It looks very nice, pretty good condition :wink: I would like to have those kind of quad headlights and grille to my self :lolcry:

  • Author

Thanks guys,

 

Bought it for 1400 two weeks ago and at the time I had 1500 to my name, so while I'm saving up I plan to figure out my priorities for her (with a little inspiration from this wonderful forum!)

 

The previous owner was planning on doing a full drift conversion before he got married, but left it sitting in his garage as his priorities were likely elsewhere. He lowered it a couple inches, picked up decent wheels and redid the entire exhaust system himself with magnaflow components.

 

The steerings a little tricky, rear bumpers fudged and the engine ticks but i couldn't be happier with it!

Out of interest, do the quad headlights come standard on these over there?

 

Presumably its running a 3T-C engine?

Nice car you have there.

 

Dam, I keep forgetting how massive the bumpers are on these things.

 

Are these cars common out your way?? Did your TE7x's come with chrome bars?? They would look sweet.

Oh and I dunno if anyone would be interested... but that 95 Tercel is built on the same body as the Paseo...

 

Ergo;

 

CanadianMedic... if it has the 5E-FE Engine, you'll be able to convert it to turbo by using the factory setup from an EP-82 GT Starlet.

 

:rocknroll:

  • Author

Ya, stock 3T-C and like 7shades said, the quad set up was replaced with the rectangular setup in 81

 

I love the classic bumpers! I like to think i could do some damage to any honda that cuts me off

The old corollas definitely aren't that common here in BC, I had to search awhile to find this one

 

The tercel has the 5E-FE engine, but i don't see much potential for that car... even though "turbocel" has a nice ring to it :rocknroll:

I've already decided to dedicate my summer to the rolla... It'd be hard to go back to FWD now anyways

I'm considering getting new suspension cause i'm pretty sure it's whats affecting my steering, have to do some research and make Some money first though

 

Which chrome bars are you referring to JiP_01?

Ya, stock 3T-C and like 7shades said, the quad set up was replaced with the rectangular setup in 81

 

I love the classic bumpers! I like to think i could do some damage to any honda that cuts me off

The old corollas definitely aren't that common here in BC, I had to search awhile to find this one

 

The tercel has the 5E-FE engine, but i don't see much potential for that car... even though "turbocel" has a nice ring to it :cool:

I've already decided to dedicate my summer to the rolla... It'd be hard to go back to FWD now anyways

I'm considering getting new suspension cause i'm pretty sure it's whats affecting my steering, have to do some research and make Some money first though

 

Which chrome bars are you referring to JiP_01?

 

NO FAIR!!! why does my Oz spec 79' get stuck with rectangle lights??? i LOVE quads! oh well... time for a conversion!!!

 

Well, at least i got the chrome bars over here. Someone is selling some on here for $250... http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18689

 

sexy or what!?! They'd give it a bit of pimp if you got some chrome over-riders too...

 

anyways, likewise i'm looking forward to seeing how you go with this baby. My girl was hoping we'd score a 4 door, but I'm stuck with two... eh eh eh. lucky me.

 

what have you got in mind for this beauty?

  • Author

Those bumpers are definitely pimp material :cool:

 

I decided to look into my oil problem and found out what it was. the oil pan gasket was in pieces so i peeled it off and put a new one in with a bit of gasket maker to be safe. while i had the car in the garage I painted the valve cover and carb. got a good look at my carb, valves etc. in the process

 

I didn't take any official before pictures but documented the day pretty well

 

corolla2148.jpg

gasket in place

 

corolla2123.jpg

air intake portion of my carb

 

corolla2121.jpg

 

corolla2120.jpg

 

corolla2125.jpg

some valve shots

 

corolla2127.jpg

more valve shots

 

corolla2138.jpg

with the oil pan removed

 

corolla2129.jpg

old gasket

 

corolla2147.jpg

new gasket

 

corolla2133.jpg

gasket supplement

 

corolla2122.jpg

 

corolla2154.jpg

 

corolla2155.jpg

 

corolla2152.jpg

 

 

 

what do you guys think?

  • Author

That's Canada for you

 

if that's the only thing you found funny, i'll assume you loved the black and red paint

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.