Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring Locker Diffs.

Featured Replies

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

This will be the thread you are looking for

Lsd diff

Yeah I was going to pump out a few from my work shop..lost intrest due to so many negatives of them and all.

 

But I had metal springs etc and prices to bulk buy custom mades springs the lot jsut lost interest.

 

 

Easy to do could really do with hand tools adn a drill at home if your keen.

 

Cameron

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

My old man was interested in that thread, He is a fitter and turner by trade and looking into making one! Where did you source the springs from?

Glad to see you have started this topic :rocknroll:

 

I started the same kinda one in the VIc section but no one could answer, thanks.

 

Cam, would also be interested in the pros/cons

 

Cheers

Also really keen here... might be an idea to post pro's and con's here as opposed to PM... would be interested to pick apart the cons and see what ideas or solutions we could all come up with...

hey people,

 

I'm interested aswel, I'm currently in a fitting and turning apprenticeship and would be keen to make one of these AND best of all i work at a spring makers so testing new springs would be very simple. Some one had a CAD drawring of one of theses in the LSD thread, if i can get a technical drawring (old skool) with all dimensions i could make one of these in my not so busy time in maybe a week or two. also is there any difference in what would be needed to fit one into a KE25 jap diff?

 

CHEERS

Ryan

Hi,

Yep ^^ I drew those cad drawings...

 

Simple to make can do one on a drill out of some plate steel..LOL Got a few projects on the go I might strill do this one day.

 

But one con about it is some diffs the spider gears require grinding flat for a surface area. Think corolla needed this have to check again. This I didnt want to do affect metal temper from heat less metal weaker if not flat wont work well etc list goes on. Could lathe it down but most here can't access a lathe.

 

Also spring tension affects it load it RIGHT up will be like weld not to heavy wont notice so getting spring strength would be a bit of a screw about so another draw back.

 

Also pro was cheap, could be fun etc.

 

Also another con was they will act as locker in car parks at speed and that etc not really they help to get both spinning that is it not really strong enough to get both going if all the time if you have low tension springs big tyes etc.

 

As for springs local mob in Brisbane I think on 100 springs would be $0.30 each think it was. if I wanted like 4 springs but was about $50 lol do maths worked out really odd.

 

BUT I blew up a clutch while I was designing this and well the clutch springs in center of it are hard, right size and good near heat and spinning and flat ends. So use clutch springs :rocknroll:

 

Also drawing is easy if I still got it gone through many formats ill email the cad drawing I rendered it so it looked 3d and good think i got iso drawing around still maybe.

 

Also jap and borg diffs were different sizes os would need 2 designs for a rolla.

 

I am kinda sitting on this project I haven't thrown it out but I go SO much on the go in way of projects I jsut can't get to this one yet but one day i will.

 

Cameron

Do ya have the dimensions for the BW spring locker i might maek one and use it if i swap the diff or see if some one wants to ba a ginny pig (<<dunno how its spelt).

 

CHEERS

Ryan

hey people,

 

I'm interested aswel, I'm currently in a fitting and turning apprenticeship and would be keen to make one of these AND best of all i work at a spring makers so testing new springs would be very simple. Some one had a CAD drawring of one of theses in the LSD thread, if i can get a technical drawring (old skool) with all dimensions i could make one of these in my not so busy time in maybe a week or two. also is there any difference in what would be needed to fit one into a KE25 jap diff?

 

CHEERS

Ryan

 

 

X2 Just need a spare diff to play with :rocknroll:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.