3k Big Port Head

Banjo

Was having a clean up in my garage the other day and came across a 3K head I'd forgotten I had.

Question ! How do you tell the difference between a 3k big port & a 3k std head ?

Did a quick search but can't find the answer.

I guess it's only the dimenisions of the manifold port openings; but what are those dimensions.

Thanks ! :)

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys ! Alas ! Alas ! It was just a standard 3K head, with the four sided flat plate at the rear of the head. Thanks Teddy. Wish it had had a welsh plug. I'll keep my eyes open now I know what to look for. I guess they're as scarce as hen's teeth. I love going through wreckers out in country towns. It's amazing what you find there.

I think I read that you can pop a 3K big port head straight onto a 4KC and it will up the compression ration to about 10:1 or thereabouts.

My little old 4KC is just starting to use a bit of oil. Would like to drop a 5K into it if I can get hold of one. Anyone know of a good one for sale ?

Other than that I've got a 4K-U sitting here in the garage, condition unknown, that I might do up & then swap over. Would love a 5K. As someone has said on these pages before. "There's no substitue for CCs" :)

3k bigports are overrated. they're mostly old worn out pieces of shit so you need to spend a f@$kton of cash renewing valves and guides and having the bits of water jacket rust welded up

why don't you take that money, spend it on an already good working non-f@$ked 4k-c head and have something that flows better for less cash. i'm so over 3kb heads, if i did my motor again, i'd send a 4k-c head away for a bigvalve raceport job