Weight

ke17 20v

Members dont see this ad

a ke30=870kg and a ke55=875kg. both 4door. 860kg for a ke20 is a little high i would say you would be just under the 800kg point, you might not be able to do it, BUT, if you have to add weight to get it to 801gk to make it legal, get it weighed on a 4wheel weight post after the 12a is fited and all running and ballance the car front to back with a few lead weights positioned in the right spot and it will handel a little beta and might pull up a little betta under hard breaking through a corner.

also if you are adding a sound system like i did in me ke55 all my stuff would easly come too an etra 40gk. subs, speakers, head unit, sound matting, twin sub box, CD staker it all ads up. il get back to you on it.

All of this depends on what state you're in, but in QLD the 12A has it's capacity doubled, to make it the equivalent of a 2.4 litre non-turbo. Qld rules state that for a mod including brake and diff upgrades, you can triple the listed weight. I believe that ke 10 list weight is 710kgs ie 710 times 3 equals 2130 so a 12a isn't legal in a ke 10 in QLD. The multiplier for supercharged/turbo is 2.5, so 710 by 2.5 is 1775, makes a turbo rotary out of the question as well. Have seen the book on ke20's, as that is my area of interest. The book states that they are 780kg. To then go ahead and make it heavier is quite an involved process, not just simply a case of strapping on some lead to get it by.............ke20, 780 by three is 2340, still not enough for a 12a, let alone a 13b which is more common and avaliable. In QLD there is a threshold for anything up to 1100kgs, on book list weight, and the only exception is for full chassis cars. ke** WON'T apply as none of the corollas are a full chassis affair. Of course, check any of this as it's is the net, and it could all be baloney..........

Edited by freakmotor

• 2 months later...
There is a guy in NSW that drives a SR20DET (Not 100% sure on the turbo) KE11.. He is on here apparently.. according to his RC stickers..

What are NSW's laws with engie conversion? Probably a bit different to ours I'm guessing?

ke20 is 760kg. doing engine conversions really adds weight to it though.

When measuring the weight of the car to determine if it's legal or not, do they go from the original factory weight or can they actually put the car on a weigh bridge after the engine is in etc.?

there are heaps of cars around that were engineered before the rules became stricter - that is why you might see some cars with seemingly impossible conversions.

to determine whether a conversion idea is possible they use the factory weight.

you need a weighbridge certificate after the conversion to go with the Brown Slip (together with the engineers report and blue slip) for the RTA to update their records.

i.e my new tare weight on the rego papers is 860kg, but the factory weight was 760kg.