May 11, 200818 yr comment_245693 Hey guys, another question from Ben.. I have bought a new boot seal from Phils Rotaries and Fast Fours for my 20, my question is how do I fit it? As in, like I obviously need to use some sort of adhesive ayy.. All help appreciated. Cheers, Ben. Report
May 12, 200818 yr Author comment_245831 Yeah Ryan, was around $40 and $10 postage. off ebay. Cheers, Ben. Report
May 12, 200818 yr Author comment_245838 Hmm interesting... One side is flat, which I'm guessing is the side that is supposed to be stuck down, while the other side is the 'seal'. :D Cheers, Ben. Report
May 12, 200818 yr comment_245839 You have the wrong seal then dude. The original seal clipped onto the lip that goes around the entrance into the boot space... Edited May 12, 200818 yr by Raven Report
May 12, 200818 yr comment_245841 I have the same issue with mine. The cheap ones of ebay don't push on, they need seam sealer or something. But at under 1/2 the price I was quoted from scotts old rubber co in Oz (EDIT: I couldn't even get a winscreen rubber for the price I paid for a 5pc set!), I'll put up with it! Edited May 12, 200818 yr by Dunadan Report
May 12, 200818 yr comment_245848 yea cheap ones need some sort of water proof silicon stuff.. expensive ones clip / press on like factory toyota seals.. Report
May 12, 200818 yr Author comment_245922 Ahk Cheers Henry. Meh the cheap price justifies the hassle. Cheers, Ben. Report
May 12, 200818 yr comment_246075 Nah, not Tarzan Grip. Selleys Gel Grip contact adhesive. Absolutely brilliant, I used it for my rear seal and it worked great. Report
May 13, 200818 yr comment_246129 Nah, not Tarzan Grip. Selleys Gel Grip contact adhesive. Absolutely brilliant, I used it for my rear seal and it worked great. I know a place where you can get a full rubber kit for your Toyota, though wont be cheap. Probably estimate $400-$700. My KE55 2 door hardtop will cost around $520 or so. Report
May 13, 200818 yr comment_246164 Who is it? I want to get some rubbers to seal my bloody rear windows properly. Report
May 13, 200818 yr comment_246171 philbey, are you after rubbers for the pop out windows? If so, I was talking to an older gent with a beautiful restored ke16 a few years back at the All Toyota Day. He used some off the shelf windlacing (used around door openings) that came with a rubber attached for his rear pop out windows. Report
May 14, 200818 yr comment_246501 was looking to get this kit here for my KE25 coupe from Phils Rotary's http://cgi.ebay.com/TOYOTA-COROLLA-KE20-KE...1QQcmdZViewItem shit they're expensive for parts (from what we get in NZ) but Phil's is unfortunately about the only supplier for most of these products :S Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now